Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium What if there was a command to rename common gear?
This topic has 25 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 1 month ago by SpyderVenom.
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
    • Xavious Participant
      November 26, 2015 at 1:13 am #27362

@Olrac: Engineers can make a lot of things, but there are some common, and even unique “only get once”, items that boost stats that can’t be matched by engineering skills. Some of these are special quest items and others are just scattered across the galaxy in various shops.

• snowscoran Participant
      November 26, 2015 at 7:41 pm #27369

What about just repurposing the quest payouts to rare crafting materials instead of finished items?

• Walldo Keymaster
      November 28, 2015 at 2:58 am #27507

What about just repurposing the quest payouts to rare crafting materials instead of finished items?

test test test

• Dantere Participant
      May 9, 2017 at 12:47 pm #29620

reviving this. I agree with this. I think it’s a great idea, and it would definitely encourage even non-combat types to get the best gear possible. Then they could still go with the look they want.

• Domovoi Participant
      May 9, 2017 at 4:49 pm #29622

I feel like any item should be able to be renamed once.

I’d love to make a bunch of armor, sort it out by HP count, and then rename it so it’s obvious which is the best.

• Onasaki Participant
      April 10, 2018 at 11:17 am #30858

If you did this, I’d say just remove makeclothing entirely. It’d become obsolete if people can just rename common items, that’s not to say I’m against this either. Makeclothing is just what happened to the functionality of Makearmor when it was upgraded to the more robust system.

100% for this change, though. Would love to see it implemented.

• bagz Participant
      April 11, 2018 at 3:50 am #30861

Thems some mad necromancy skillz bruh

• Valens Participant
      March 8, 2019 at 6:32 pm #31533

I fully endorse this, It would be nice to be able to make some flare with the 1 time items like the jacket. I think there should be a way to rename them in some capacity.

• Pixie Participant
      December 20, 2019 at 7:37 am #31867

Casting level 100 thread necromancy!

Yes please to customizing common armor pieces.

• Odari Participant
      December 23, 2019 at 11:47 pm #31875

We have this now. The restring command can now be used to rename non-crafted containers and upper-layer armor items. Only works once/item. Won’t work on some quest items and quest items that can be upgraded, like carapace gear, won’t be able to be upgraded if you restring them. You’ll need to get the upgrade and restring the upgraded version.

Changes 1703 and 1706.

• SpyderVenom Participant
      March 16, 2023 at 12:23 pm #35815

Since astromechs dont require apps now a droid skill to restring Toolkit/Sewkit/Oven/Hydrospanner/Shovel would be super duper awesome!

That or a shop that sells droid parts such as these tools with astromech arm names.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.