Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Weapon crafter feat
This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 6 months ago by Quicksilver.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    • Logan Participant
      October 1, 2013 at 7:31 am #22473

Armourer or Weaponsmith

It’d be something to offset the armour crafting skill in that its targeted towards weapons.

Around the 110-125ish mark so its more engineer orientated but not unattainable to some class’. Its bonus would be a 5-10% increase in avdam for weapons made. It’d work across the weapons board and include everything from bowcasters to lightsabers, be a good incentive for those engineer forcers to counter their usual lack of combat skills.

I say avdam because with enough gear most people can already hit damage caps so its only real boost is to maximising those max hits in combat, carsanum aside.

An alternative could be a +5 boost to both HR and DR on any weapon made by a feated Engineer.

Discuss!

• Argile Member
      October 1, 2013 at 10:08 am #22474

I like the idea Logan, but if you have all off your make weapon bits at below level 100, should the feat really be about 110-125?

• Baxtalo Participant
      October 1, 2013 at 11:03 am #22475

Not sure why we do not already have something like this, since we have a shipbuilding feat. 125 seems like a good level for a weaponscrafter feat

• Logan Participant
      October 2, 2013 at 6:36 am #22484

Argile, its done so that the bonus is limited to mostly engineer mains, thus making their higher quality weapons more sought after. A pilot isn’t usually an armourer so its just to limit its proliferation. The Engineer has attained a better understanding than the average joe about building a superior weapon.

• Seryb Participant
      October 5, 2013 at 3:45 pm #22505

I like this. We already have master_crafter (whatever it’s called) for armor and the same for ship builder, why not weapons too. The one question is when you say it spans all weapon types would that include grenades and mines too? Or would another feat possibly cover those?

Level 115 seems good for the feat either way.

• frumpalumpaguss Participant
      October 5, 2013 at 6:59 pm #22537

I think explosives should be a different feat. That way, you can have different engineers for different jobs.

• Seryb Participant
      October 5, 2013 at 8:43 pm #22539

I kind of agree, then you can legitimate job specs in engi clans instead of everyone doing everything.

• Bai Participant
      October 7, 2013 at 7:58 pm #22674

it’s not going to matter. you’re still not going to make weapons as good as a clan with developed materials. you’ll have the feat and so will they. then we’re back to the same situation we’re in now.

• Logan Participant
      October 16, 2013 at 9:55 am #22705

Then your clan should develop their own ingredients to make a better blaster. Certain companies were known for better crafted weapons, they had the credits to dump into research and development, i don’t see how your only gripe has any bearing on the feat at all. An unclanned Engineer will still build an above basic weapon with the feat, which goes some way to bridging the gap between developed ingredients.

I’d normally be pro-choice about feats, but having another whole feat for two skills (makelandmine and makegrenade) seems a bit wasteful. I’d be more inclined to just have them rolled into the weapon crafter feat for the sake of actually having above useless explosives available to players who can’t rely on combat because of their main/racial bonus(<30).

• Delk Member
      October 19, 2013 at 4:16 pm #22718

To remove the developed materials issue would need one of two things adjusted. The buy value in the clan vendor neekgds to go up 10x. It would create a very large price difference in end product. Also it would keep clans from flooding the markets. Forcing public materials weapons to stay viable far longer. Or have the staff address allocation of viablie weapon developments.

• Quicksilver Participant
      October 19, 2013 at 7:56 pm #22732

Excessive oversight is always a mistake. Always. But in regards to the weapon master feat, I like it, and it does need to be at a high engineering level. 120+, because you really should have to be an expert engineer in order to be a master at fine tuning your products in order to gain the most out of them. Iffy on including explosives in that, if only because of the random factor.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.