This topic has 23 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years, 8 months ago by Goner.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
    • RebornSinner Member
      August 9, 2009 at 8:30 pm #10784

It would be nice. Like I said, the idea is mostly to be as a preventive measure than anything else.

• Drel Member
      August 9, 2009 at 8:52 pm #10785

Without getting into the merits on the specific changes brought up, the problem with ANY game-wide change is that, well… You either make it accurate for the Republic(s) and have a democratic approach ala Bai’s cookie idea, or make it accurate to the Empire and other more authoritative governments (like both of the starting governments next timeline) and tell democracy where to shove it.

Maybe if you take the current system, and instead of destroying it, you simply add in the cookie idea, it could be manipulated to either extreme; the Empire has lots of members with the full warrant command, while the Repubic has only a few (the RSB which reported directly to the Chancellor’s Office [the Senate] would be the only one, besides Senators themselves).

Alternatively, if you’re going to add in a clan-wide announcement for warrants, maybe have there be a second empowerment, similar in function to the current one: "secret_warrant."

Disclaimer: FMK.

• RebornSinner Member
      August 10, 2009 at 4:31 am #10813

The problem with that is I can easily see secret_warrant just going on the list of standard empowerments to hand out.

• Drel Member
      August 11, 2009 at 12:52 am #10823
      "RebornSinner":3e9v1dl3 wrote:
      The problem with that is I can easily see secret_warrant just going on the list of standard empowerments to hand out.[/quote:3e9v1dl3]
      That’s called corruption. It could lead to political inplay in a democratic government–or the usual in a not-so-democratic government.
    • Goner Member
      August 11, 2009 at 2:35 am #10825

Ya… during my break someone perused through my home locker, came back and a bunch of stuff was missing but no one seemed to have a clue who did it or why. I feel used!

• Bai Member
      August 11, 2009 at 4:21 am #10826

There mere fact that RJ agreed with me and supported my idea, should speak wonders.

• Drel Member
      August 11, 2009 at 9:04 pm #10828
      "Goner":n74pqtmj wrote:
      Ya… during my break someone perused through my home locker, came back and a bunch of stuff was missing but no one seemed to have a clue who did it or why. I feel used![/quote:n74pqtmj]
      Talk to the imm; last I checked, breaking into a house just to loot it is illegal.
    • Goner Member
      August 12, 2009 at 6:17 am #10841

Oh. Wish I knew that before he died… oh well.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.