Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Warrant: Forcing Entry
This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by chuckinator.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    • Andvari Participant
      March 21, 2011 at 6:56 am #1665

A player with the warrant command and Force_entry should work on any planet, whether it belongs to them or not. (with super strict enforcement on lockers and whatnot, maybe making phome lockers player-specific like in locker rooms?)

It makes no sense to not be able to somehow enter a player home, especially if you are a multi talented galactic badass.

This will help curb a lot of the vaginal behavior we have seen in LOTJ history.

• Darrick Participant
      March 21, 2011 at 7:12 am #16906

Maybe make it a high level leadership skill on the basis that a leader could talk his way into a home, maybe?

Otherwise, a clan issued skill should only be available for things that clan controls.

• Xavier Keymaster
      March 21, 2011 at 10:18 am #16907

People would absolutely not go for that, but I’m all for adding something that disallows someone from being completely safe in a house that’s ungoverned. You can snipe at them, throw things at them, and blast them with grenades all you want, but you’re not getting in there after they’re down. The imms had a big problem last timeline (from what I hear them talk about) with players that just holed up in their clan base to be completely safe. This is beyond the safety you get from even the best clan base in the game.

That being said, people being able to waltz into any house wouldn’t be the best idea. If you made lockers player-specific, that’d get rid of the incentive to just run around and steal people’s stuff. As far as I can see, that would be the only reason why player homes are so safe to begin with. At the [i:3m1g2ceg]very[/i:3m1g2ceg] least, I’d say allow players to hospitalize others from enough damage being dealt.

Ideally, the issue of lockers and such would be taken care of, and let there be a skill to let yourself into a home. Bounty hunters can bash in durasteel doors. Slicers can hack turbolifts, and smugglers can decrypt a ship’s hatchcode… but a Master Jedi, Sith Lord, High General, or whatever have-you can’t get into a room labeled ‘A rickety shack on the beach’ by any means at all.

All in all: Yes, please allow some way to get into homes, but a clan-specific empowerment may not be the best way to go about it. Also, if this happens, playerhome lockers need to be secured, first!

• Fishy Participant
      March 21, 2011 at 10:19 am #16908

I forgot how fucking epic that sig I made you is.

Sorry, please continue.

• Zeromus Participant
      March 21, 2011 at 11:24 pm #16919

if the owner of a house is stunned the house should become enterable

• Kirash Participant
      March 21, 2011 at 11:31 pm #16920

Hiding out in Phomes is so two timelines ago. Hide in uncharted like all the cool kids.

• Kora Participant
      March 23, 2011 at 6:29 am #16925
      "Zeromus":14alp2mn wrote:
      if the owner of a house is stunned the house should become enterable[/quote:14alp2mn]

Actually, I like that. Still gives players some degree of security inside their homes, but stops them from being completely immune to getting killed. I’ve never really understood why individual residences would have more security than the Imperial Palace. Making the locker openable only by the owner of the phome (or even anyone on the residence list) would negate any current need to have your house an impenetrable fortress.

• Fishy Participant
      March 23, 2011 at 9:14 pm #16926

Eh, not quite so sure about "if the owner is stunned". Maybe have a 100 level command not associated with a class that forces entry to a home, but takes like.. 30 seconds, and makes an echo inside the home that someone is trying to break in, and a clan-wide alert for the controlling clan (like the launchpad alarms) with the name of the home that’s being broken into, the room it’s being broken into from, and the planet?

• Avanga Member
      March 24, 2011 at 12:33 am #16927

Break_and_Enter as a smuggling skill? Lol.

• chuckinator Member
      March 24, 2011 at 6:00 pm #16929
      "Fishy":15t5jfyp wrote:
      Eh, not quite so sure about "if the owner is stunned". Maybe have a 100 level command not associated with a class that forces entry to a home, but takes like.. 30 seconds, and makes an echo inside the home that someone is trying to break in, and a clan-wide alert for the controlling clan (like the launchpad alarms) with the name of the home that’s being broken into, the room it’s being broken into from, and the planet?[/quote:15t5jfyp]

Ehhh, not the owner, but if they’re treated remotely somewhat like ships, you have an occupant tally. If all occupants are stunned, a bher could bash the door down, spy could cut the door open, a slicer possibly short it, smuggler could pick it or have some other very high skill to force their way into, etc. could also just have a typical level 100 skill that could be defaulted to for a duration of 1-3 minutes with a clan alert, etc. Also need to make sure that the door remained open for something like 30-60 seconds so the attacker’s cohorts could enter, too. Can’t leave a safety loophole for some phome resident if the owner’s not around or they’re elsewhere.

• Kora Participant
      March 25, 2011 at 4:02 am #16931
      "chuckinator":38g7jwv8 wrote:
      Ehhh, not the owner, but if they’re treated remotely somewhat like ships, you have an occupant tally. If all occupants are stunned, a bher could bash the door down, spy could cut the door open, a slicer possibly short it, smuggler could pick it or have some other very high skill to force their way into, etc. could also just have a typical level 100 skill that could be defaulted to for a duration of 1-3 minutes with a clan alert, etc. Also need to make sure that the door remained open for something like 30-60 seconds so the attacker’s cohorts could enter, too. Can’t leave a safety loophole for some phome resident if the owner’s not around or they’re elsewhere.[/quote:38g7jwv8]

Good point. As long as nobody being home wouldn’t count as everybody inside being unconscious.

• Darrick Participant
      March 25, 2011 at 4:03 am #16932

Its simple. People IRL can break into houses. Why not in LotJ? Make an espionage, smuggling, leadership, or bounty hunter skill and be done with it. Who cares if they’re stunned. If the problem is with lockers, then fix the locker problem and move on.

• chuckinator Member
      April 13, 2011 at 8:33 pm #17032
      "Darrick":2atnyk33 wrote:
      Its simple. People IRL can break into houses. Why not in LotJ? Make an espionage, smuggling, leadership, or bounty hunter skill and be done with it. Who cares if they’re stunned. If the problem is with lockers, then fix the locker problem and move on.[/quote:2atnyk33]

That should be really simple. If someone not on the resident list tries to open a locker in a phome, it fails in bold red text.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.