Legends of the Jedi Forums Newbie Watering Hole Using ZMUD to make spaceflight easier
This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 15 years, 7 months ago by Drel.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • ThousandInOne Member
      September 25, 2008 at 10:01 am #804

There are several ways to customize ZMUD to make a number of smaller or more common tasks become less tedious and repetitive in LOTJ. The method I describe below is the simplest I have come up with.

Planet-to-planet travel

Firstly, I want you to make a new variable by clicking the "Variable" button in the top of the ZMUD window. This variable will be named ‘planet’ and thus end up as @planet.

Secondly, I want you to set triggers for the following line,

The ship lurches slightly as it comes out of hyperspace

The triggered command will be "Vector @planet". Without quotations.

Now what I want you to do is set a number of aliases for every planet to commonly travel to. We’ll start with Corellia.

Make a new alias named "/Corellia" (again without quotations). The command linked to this alias will be

calc corellia 2067 -10300 22002

As this is the closest we can get to Corellia in a hyperjump. Now either seperated as a second line under that in the alias-command window, or seperated by a semi-colon (ZMUD appropriates either), you’ll put

@planet = corellia

So the result looks like this:

calc corellia 2067 -10300 22002
      @planet = corellia

This tells the @planet variable to set itself to "corellia", so that when your hyperjump completes (The ship lurches…), you will automatically vector yourself towards Corellia.

Now that you’ve done this, you have a basic understanding of how this system works and can modify it to suit specific needs you may have as your character. Keep in mind that by using the "Macro" feature in ZMUD, you can hotkey turning this automated system on and off in times when you do -not- want automated space flight between planets. I’ve personally set this hotkey as Alt+F1, which tells ZMUD to disable all triggers that have @planet in it, leaving me utterly manual when traveling.

Will add more later.

• Flek Participant
      September 25, 2008 at 12:45 pm #7840

2 things mate. While making it easier is nice. How do you compinsate for combat situations right out of a jump. If you auto lock in a manuever you have to wait for a turn ratio before another move. Second add something in about a speed before vector if you in a fighter with 150 speed this is almost a guarantee you will overshoot the planet.

• Drel Member
      September 28, 2008 at 1:27 pm #7851
      "Flek":3m0pu626 wrote:
      2 things mate. While making it easier is nice. How do you compinsate for combat situations right out of a jump. If you auto lock in a manuever you have to wait for a turn ratio before another move. Second add something in about a speed before vector if you in a fighter with 150 speed this is almost a guarantee you will overshoot the planet.[/quote:3m0pu626]
      Let him have his suicidal triggers…
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.