Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat Unlimited Alts
This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 9 months ago by Moh.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Moh Participant
      July 12, 2013 at 8:42 am #22087

There’s an issue I think that needs to be addressed which probably can’t be immediately but I feel it needs to be looked into. There’s nothing wrong with rolling alternate characters, we all have them, some more then others. The problem comes into play when someone has a well established character with solid roleplay, character sheet and history being targeted by alternate characters without it.

You have character X being attacked by character Y and now character Y’s clan has a legit reason to perm character X even if character Y is a troll character.  This becomes a major problem and is discouraging to player X because he isn’t out looking for the problem but it’s brought to him. Now you have someone who actually wants to play and establish something versus someone who is intentionally throwing away characters to compromise the other.

If I know my clan is going to attack you for beating me ( even if I started it ) and I use that logic to turn not just a major clan but any clan against you, that should be wrong. I know some people will say “Rule 4”. That doesn’t work, as much as I use to preach about it and love the idea it just doesn’t happen with certain people. You can’t undo RP so if they break Rule 4, what happens then? Thoughts? Comments?

• Baxtalo Participant
      July 14, 2013 at 11:01 am #22089

Rule 4 works only if you make it work. It’s a wonderful roleplay aspect of the game that I wish more people took advantage of, but it would work best when as many people as possible know about it if you are dealing with one idiot character in particular. Barring that, trying to follow up with the rpc or even the imms regarding your attempt to resolve things peacefully might go a long way. It is a rule, after all.

Just continue the same way as any other time someone breaks the rules; ignore them as best as possible and sort things out with those related to them ICly to make sure none of that bleeding effect you mentioned has happened or will happen. It is ultimately up to you to protect your own ass no matter how wronged you are.

P.S.: That X-Y situation you laid out has a few Xs and Ys crossed where they should not be.

• Corey Participant
      July 14, 2013 at 5:12 pm #22090

I’m not sure I’m following the question. Are you talking about a situation when say a person in Clan A rolls a throw away character and attacks person in Clan B, just so that a war crops up from it?

• Moh Participant
      July 14, 2013 at 11:33 pm #22091

In conclusion, if people are after you, just let them kill you. Anything else is uncivilized.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.