This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 12 years, 1 month ago by Avanga.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Walldo Keymaster
      March 5, 2012 at 11:24 pm #18579

The first round in what will no doubt be an ongoing balance process has gone live. I can only sit on my coding port running exercises for balance, so here we go!

-Turrets now take into the shipdodge skill of the target
      -Turret damage has been reduced
      -Turret rate of fire has been increased

Use this thread to discuss tweaks, complaints, ideas, suggestions, whatever for turrets.

• Kirash Participant
      March 8, 2012 at 1:43 am #18583

i’m glad to see attention is being given to turrets. it’s been needed for awhile. thank you walldo

• Siradril Participant
      March 10, 2012 at 7:39 am #18602

I don’t have a character with access to a turret. I am glad that turrets are being nerfed. But why’d someone use turrets if they won’t be able to blow up the target vessel, when they can simply stay on weapons array and;

A) Tractor the ship to a halt while shooting at them. (Mainly the ability to use tractor beams which is not possible at turrets.)
      B) Commanding the battlegroup to trigger their offenses against the said ship.
      C) Using projectiles or attempting to do so to destroy targetted vessel.

I mean they both had their disadvantages and advantages. Though I hope we won’t nerf turrets to the point of useless.

Also I wanted to ask if the shipdodge skill is functioning well? As you all would know the skill was bugged for many years. The higher percentage it got, the less it actually dodged in the past. Was that fixed?

• Kirash Participant
      March 10, 2012 at 8:36 am #18609

Yes it was.

• Avanga Member
      March 10, 2012 at 9:55 pm #18639

Turrets didn’t have their disadvantages at all. Anyone in charge of a capital ship should be able to make it to a turret by memory. It doesn’t take long. No way in hell would a ship get away fast enough to avoid getting wrecked by turret fire.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.