Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Timeline question.
This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 11 months ago by Kirash.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Ocerion Participant
      May 24, 2013 at 5:11 pm #21952

I found myself wondering earlier today, why is it that we’ve always got the same three era’s? Old Republic, Empire, New Republic…Its so generic. So, a suggestion. One which could be interesting, and would eliminate the terrible New Republic era entirely.

Era 1, Old Republic/Sith (Or Mando’s or Hapans or whatever)

Era 2: Winner vs Seperatists

Era 3: Empire vs Rebels

Wipe rinse repeat. Keep the favorite era for last, and things might not get so boring in era 3.  Just a thought anyways. Back to being busy.

• Walldo Keymaster
      May 24, 2013 at 8:46 pm #21953

How is what you presented different than what we usually do except a rotation of names?

• Kirash Participant
      May 24, 2013 at 9:07 pm #21954

All this will do is replace the “terrible” New Republic with another clan you or someone else will call “terrible.” Era timing really doesn’t matter either way. All that will be accomplished is the same story with a different name.

• ccubed Participant
      May 25, 2013 at 10:00 am #21955

I want one set in the NJO and Legacy ERAs.

• Ocerion Participant
      May 26, 2013 at 5:35 pm #21968

Kirash, no matter how much of a wiseass you may be it doesn’t change the fact that Empire vs Rebels is the most popular, and New Republic vs whatever is the least. Doesn’t make those everyones favorites and least favorites, but the majority has stated such opinions repeatedly.

Walldo, its not supposed to be all that different from whats currently done, its supposed to give more interesting themes for the eras, and compact the thousands and thousands of years of the old republic time into two eras instead of one. We rip through many thousands of years RPly there…and not even a hundred between era’s two and three, typically speaking. Maybe not every single timeline but that’s usually the case.

Ccubed…no one ever does that. New Republic eras are usually so bad that everyone just wants to see it over at the end of that, the hell with moving on to more and different.

• Kirash Participant
      May 27, 2013 at 9:53 am #21970

I wasn’t being a wiseass, Ocerion. The reason why the New Republic is the least popular of all is because people are just biding time and doing bullshit things until the next timeline comes around. It doesn’t help that, just like in Era 1, the Republic is populated with idiots while the status quo plays against them time and time again. Nothing will change by making Empire/Rebels Era 3 except turning the Empire era into the “wait for the new timeline” Era. That’s just my opinion.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.