Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat The History of LotJ!
Tagged: 
This topic has 44 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 7 months ago by Phelan.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
    • Darrick Participant
      December 16, 2011 at 2:58 pm #17976

LOL! I’m excited to read these logs!!!!!

I’m hoping they may fill in some gaps in my memory. Or inspire me to at least go turn on my old computers and look up my old ones as well. Cheers, bro!

• Avanga Member
      December 16, 2011 at 10:06 pm #17980

The only log I’ve ever found with anything Avanga in it, lol.

[quote:195jv4wl]A Dathomiri female chats over the public network, ‘Haaahaaahaaa!'[/quote:195jv4wl]

Also, my Trandoshan BHer who died within a week of taking over the BHG. :[

• Coreceren Member
      December 19, 2011 at 10:02 am #18007
      "Fishy":vgjkx62t wrote:
      "Coreceren":vgjkx62t wrote:
      Mmm. Old guy thread.

I started in 2001-ish, working for Markoth as an Imperial Navy officer and picking fights with Saraen, who ran the Army. Ghost was in charge of coding, Raven was effectively what you call "PR" today. There were a couple of secondary coders, I think one of them was named Proximo. Good folks. Gameplay around this time was more complicated in some ways, easier in others. I remember pshield and pturrets being a pain, which meant that you had to insert a team on the ground to keep defenders busy and out of the turret room if you moved the navy in. Wampa blood made for sick grenades. Raven had a habit of making himself OP toons, but that’s fairly well-documented. RA-leading Jedi Master white Whiphids, etc. Ghost didn’t notice much because he was working hard on his Aliens v Predators hyper-PvP side project, but he did get around to canning Raven after Raven started driving people out of the game.

Anna would have to tell you herself, but I think she was around late 2002, early 2003. I remember I first met her when she was a mort. She ended up playing something rebel-like, not RA lead per se but maybe Chancellor of the NR or something. We got along really well. Orion came later, and they had the same dynamic – Orion coding whatever whimsical stuff he could, and Anna managing the pbase.

Not sure what else to talk about that’s super general and not just my old toon war stories.[/quote:vgjkx62t]

Yet in all that time you still never learned how to fly.[/quote:vgjkx62t]

Fact. I usually play politicians or clan officers, so I either don’t have the levels to fly, or I’m too valuable to stick in space.

• Avanga Member
      December 23, 2011 at 7:48 pm #18039

[quote:3i6i9sif]RULES LAWS POLICY
      #1) No insulting over OOC.
      #2) No disrespecting, insulting, or taunting the IMMs.
      #3) All kills must have an RP reason.
      #4) No OOC information will be taken IC PERIOD!
      #5) You may not go linkdead or log out to avoid a PK.
      #6) You may not go linkdead or log out to avoid a imprisonment.
      #7) Respect other players, were all here to have fun.
      #8) Taking advantage of a bug or IMM error will be punished.
      #9) You will not openly accuse someone of cheating. If you think
      someone cheated, you take it to an IMM privately.
      #10) Do not abuse any channel, this includes the auction channel.
      #11) Do not ask for favors from Immortals.
      #12) Do not quit from a battle. Fleeing and healing is ok, but going to
      a hotel and quitting or setting yourself afk is not all right.
      #13) The death echo is just OOC. Do not take it IC.
      #14) Ignorance of the rules is no excuse, it’s your responsibility.
      #15) If a dispute engages over a PR matter, it will be settled by the
      RP Council or administration.
      #16) If an IMM deems a kill illegal, there will be no complaints of it!
      #17) Lying to an immortal is not tolerated.
      #18) If an IMM asks you a question, answer it.
      #19) The PKills will not be announced over OOC, rather, they will be
      told to a PR IMM if questioned.
      #20) No insulting the penis size of an immortal.
      #21) No threatening over OOC to mass-pkill players unless you mean it,
      if you do mean it, get a damn good reason.
      #22) Auctioning any item for 2147483647 credits or a similar amount
      just to see its stats is illegal now.
      #23) You CANNOT kill over an auctioned item. Thank you.
      #24) Witness to a crime is no longer a legal crime to kill for.
      #25) No Harrassment of the RP Council. Absolutely none.
      #26) The IMMS have no obligation in responding to your query.
      #27) No more private bouties will be allowed. They must be posted on
      Tatooine. Failure to comply will result in your instant termination.
      #28) Recruiting or advertising for other muds are slayable offenses.
      #29) No insltuing teh spilleng f en Immortral.
      #30) No sending bombs via message drones.[/quote:3i6i9sif]

• Darrick Participant
      December 23, 2011 at 9:28 pm #18043

Thank god we don’t need to obey rule #20 anymore!

• Kirash Participant
      December 24, 2011 at 6:16 am #18049

Funny how most of those rules applied to the Immortals and in no way really affected the game at all. Someone really did have a small penis….

• Darrick Participant
      December 24, 2011 at 3:04 pm #18057

It was Raven!

• Darrick Participant
      December 24, 2011 at 3:05 pm #18058

I also love how Ghost broke Rule #28. And often. His AvP MUD was the best! Though I don’t remember surviving more than fifteen minutes at best…

• George Stephanis Participant
      December 26, 2011 at 3:46 pm #18082

I wonder how many of those rules were directly because Senav decided to be a dick … hrm …

And on the topic of oldbie things … my first timeline was the one that had the Khaeros Empire in the middle of it.

Aramus & Bhuvan were the two initial leaders of the New Republic.
      Leon was locker-duping Mandalorian & Sith Gear for his ‘Justicar’/’Peacekeepers’/’Whatever’.
      Pakua (twi’lek) ran the BH guild that was based out of the NE corner of the one city on Tatooine.
      Yrrrshrak Laish cloaks were still in-game — they glowed, and were only wearable with an evil alignment.
      Mirlo had his Jedi Master Lazkren, and …. oh gosh I forget who played Tollock, the Dathomiri Male Jedi Master.
      Ocerion and Ceres (Shnuku) were an IC couple, and changed factions about once per week.
      Jerek ran the Imperial Remnants with an iron fist, and actually played them as evil (randomly kidnapping people, RPing with them, and then releasing them).
      There was a hidden clanonly shuttle that would ferry people people from Roche to Korriban (translation: roomprog to trans people in a theoretical shuttle that could never been seen, stopped, blockaded, or shot down)
      Jylissa/Rayleen was Orion’s ‘Favored One’ at the time.
      Kate & Andvari had just joined about a month before the pwipe. Kate joined the Hapan Consortium.
      And it ended in Chiss.

Best Timeline Ever.

• George Stephanis Participant
      December 26, 2011 at 3:49 pm #18083

Oh, and when OSAY was permitted, it was free to do (via OOC points), but you could only do it with exactly two people in the room.

• kevin Participant
      January 10, 2012 at 8:15 am #18298

Hi all,
      Question was the rpc always a thing even in the old days? and sorry if I am getting off topic but how did electing these members work in the old days to where it is is now and I don’t even know how it is done now anyways. Thanks Kevin roberts.

• Walldo Keymaster
      January 10, 2012 at 3:39 pm #18300

Hi Kevin,

The RPC has been around longer than I have, and I started playing here in 2004. I think “in the old days” each person manually went to a room on the mud to vote. Nowadays, during elections a new page is available on the website and you vote there.

• Avanga Member
      January 10, 2012 at 11:29 pm #18301

The RPC has been around a LONG time but it wasn’t always for the purpose of restore cases. The RPC used to be a bunch of upstanding individuals in the community who could be expected to help newbies and set a good example in RP and stuff. Man, how we’ve lost our way. 🙁

• Rojan QDel Keymaster
      January 19, 2012 at 1:10 am #18378

I started back in 2002 or 2003 (I think) after being referred by some people in SWC. Ghost and Raven were in charge and the mud was running on the archsysinc.com server (which I think belonged to Ghost’s parents). I have no idea what happened after that, but I was elected as an RPC member in 2006 (I think) and shortly after I became an imm since they were desperately lacking a coder. Since then, I’ve been doing crazy shit every once in a while and have racked up hundreds of code changes plus lots of little things as well in my time, though Walldo does all the real work 🙂

Maybe not the most helpful history document, but I would love to see a real timeline of our game’s existence.

• Walldo Keymaster
      January 19, 2012 at 1:21 am #18382

How can you talk about your LotJ history without mentioning that which is Shinypants????

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.