This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years, 5 months ago by Drel.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • rakun Participant
      October 20, 2009 at 2:34 am #1258

Well… I’ve had some cool ideas for new spices and stuff. They could get developed or perhaps added into the game world like glitterstim.

Stimulants, for example, could add you dexterity, perhaps small amount of movement points, or similar. Perhaps make your sprint last longer if used in conjunction with it.

Hallucinogenics – these could induce you with various hallucinations, minor or major ones and would, I guess, work similar to those that you receive when exhausted.

-Minor hallucinations could add you a message like "You see patterns of colors!" or maybe "Someone arrives from the east" etc.

-Major hallucinations – You would see people, and perhaps even be possible to try and hurt them and then they’d disappear. Perhaps while on land you could see yourself flying a shi, giving you your ship config (you know, the part that shows you speed, shields, coords, etc.).

– Delirium would be similar to hallucinations, except that the character would do stuff on it’s own too, and similar to drunkness, if you went east for example, you’d go west, north, south, etc. You wouldn’t know what’s true or not. Or at least, your char couldn’t be. If there’d be three people in the room with you, you’d see four, and 2 of those would be the same person. Let’s say 2 Bobs (same person even if they aren’t), Anna and the imaginary John Newman, who’d stand there and do random stuff, but would actually be a hallucination.

<!– m –><a class="postlink" href="http://www.erowid.org/plants/iboga/iboga.shtml">http://www.erowid.org/plants/iboga/iboga.shtml</a>&lt;!– m –> &lt;— a drug like this would give you a lot of hallucinations, but get your movement to -2000 or -1000.

Depressants? Well… same with what we have with injections, could induce sleep and perhaps minor hallucinations before sleep gets you.

Well… that’s all what I could think of atm, but I think it’d be cool to have this type of spice/drugs on LotJ to enrich the RP.

• Ranman Participant
      October 20, 2009 at 11:15 am #12139

I don’t think depressants are necessary or needed in game, most people’s orphan characters and hard done by layabouts depress us all on a daily basis regardless. All youths, even happy ones, depress me to no end.

I love the idea of Delirium, although it can be RPed just the same. There was a MASSIVE topic if I recall, where a lot of the different spices in the SW universe were listed and what they could or could not do.

A spice overhaul is and would be a good idea to help out the smuggler class, including smuggling spice in large quantities via cargo running.

• Avanga Member
      October 20, 2009 at 10:59 pm #12155

There once was a time where spice would royally mess you up. You’d see faerie dragons and such, the game would echo you things that weren’t happening, and you’d wander in the wrong direction… I miss those days.

I was considering the possibility of carsanum-type drugs with longer effects, with the downside of being addictive (begins to physically hurt the user after it wears out). I’d love to see it, but I don’t think anyone would risk it in a PK scenario.

• Slyth Member
      October 21, 2009 at 1:46 am #12157

Honestly, on the subject of spice, I think that if you have an idea of a new spice, start developing. Things like this don’t need added coding, or anything changed, it just needs a new item that can be refined. Developments are more likely to be put in game then just normal idea’s posted here, and it’s not a hard process to actually go through and RP a development of a spice… I could probably develop one within the next week without any problems at all.

• Ranman Participant
      October 21, 2009 at 2:43 pm #12162
      &quot;Slicerin_Craft&quot;:12bez3oq wrote:
      Honestly, on the subject of spice, I think that if you have an idea of a new spice, start developing. Things like this don’t need added coding, or anything changed, it just needs a new item that can be refined. Developments are more likely to be put in game then just normal idea’s posted here, and it’s not a hard process to actually go through and RP a development of a spice… I could probably develop one within the next week without any problems at all.[/quote:12bez3oq]

You have a lot of faith in your own RP and the immortals complete willingness to implement anything you develop as half-arsed as to be able to say &quot;I did it in a week with no problem.&quot;.

It’s not about new spice, per se. Or just have renamed carsanum that gives a different already coded affect. It’s about diversifying and evolving the entire concept behind it all.

• Slyth Member
      October 21, 2009 at 3:31 pm #12163

I punch over 60 hours into LOTJ every week that I am actually sitting at my computer. for me to spend that much time in a week developing is not hard, I could easily do it.

As I have said, there is a suggestion of new types of spice, things do go through in apps faster then they go through by posting here, and this is something you can apply for if you develop. It’s a suggestion, and if you have my amount of time, it is possible to emote over 10 pages of stuff in a week for the development, and do the think logs, no problem.

• Ranman Participant
      October 22, 2009 at 12:34 am #12168
      &quot;Slicerin_Craft&quot;:1vuf2qo7 wrote:
      I punch over 60 hours into LOTJ every week that I am actually sitting at my computer. for me to spend that much time in a week developing is not hard, I could easily do it.

As I have said, there is a suggestion of new types of spice, things do go through in apps faster then they go through by posting here, and this is something you can apply for if you develop. It’s a suggestion, and if you have my amount of time, it is possible to emote over 10 pages of stuff in a week for the development, and do the think logs, no problem.[/quote:1vuf2qo7]

Development, if it isn’t already, should be about quality and if possible team-effort, not base quantity.

• Inactive
      October 22, 2009 at 5:40 am #12171

If you’re in a ship, random scare-the-shit out of you hallucinations would be cool.

I.E. &quot;The Death Star begins targetting your ship!&quot;

• Locksharp Participant
      October 24, 2009 at 3:55 am #12179

Dude, to be standing on plain ground and have something flash up and say,

[Status]: Hyperspace Calculations have been completed.

while you’re in the middle of a conversation would be completely mindboggling. xD

• Drel Member
      October 24, 2009 at 1:54 pm #12180
      &quot;Locksharp&quot;:y7w5d08o wrote:
      Dude, to be standing on plain ground and have something flash up and say,

[Status]: Hyperspace Calculations have been completed.

while you’re in the middle of a conversation would be completely mindboggling. xD[/quote:y7w5d08o]
      That brings up a good point: messages like that would be a far, FAR better idea. How would some Old Republic spicer be able to comprehend what a &quot;Death Star&quot; is, even in a spice-induced hallucination? Hyperspace/launch/etc. messages would be a better bet (or maybe a generic &quot;You are being targeted,&quot; or some such).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.