This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 15 years, 5 months ago by Ranman.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • RebornSinner Member
      December 3, 2008 at 12:37 am #878

I suggested this with the idea command, but never got any kind of feedback, so I’ll put it here:

There should be a smuggler ability, feat or just the innate ability as a smuggler main that allows them to avoid taxes when selling cargo or pawning something off; just like the real-life smugglers of the colonial age, or even the ones today. I’m not going to suggest levels or anything because there’s better people for that, but hey it’d be neat!

Or if you really wanted to, could be a slicer feat.. but I really think it’s in better hands with a smuggler.

• Drel Member
      December 3, 2008 at 9:26 pm #8280

If so, I’d say that there be a random chance to spawn a guard who attacks the character and they lose all their cargo, possibly their ship.
      That, or fuck the idea entirely–with the current commands, smuggler mains aren’t smuggling by selling their cargo. That’s their "legit" business, much like Mirax Terrik, Han Solo, et al. would sell legitimate cargo sometimes.

• Avanga Member
      December 3, 2008 at 9:53 pm #8281

Spice cargo should be a separate system entirely, involving hidden pads and special cargo that gives smuggling xp for selling.

• Inactive
      December 4, 2008 at 3:35 am #8283
      "RebornSinner":2ma03nmm wrote:
      I suggested this with the idea command, but never got any kind of feedback, so I’ll put it here:

There should be a smuggler ability, feat or just the innate ability as a smuggler main that allows them to avoid taxes when selling cargo or pawning something off; just like the real-life smugglers of the colonial age, or even the ones today. I’m not going to suggest levels or anything because there’s better people for that, but hey it’d be neat!

Or if you really wanted to, could be a slicer feat.. but I really think it’s in better hands with a smuggler.[/quote:2ma03nmm]

Ja!!

"Avanga":2ma03nmm wrote:
      Spice cargo should be a separate system entirely, involving hidden pads[/quote:2ma03nmm]

Nein.

"Avanga":2ma03nmm wrote:
      and special cargo that gives smuggling xp for selling.[/quote:2ma03nmm]

Ja!

"RenegadeJedi":2ma03nmm wrote:
      If so, I’d say that there be a random chance to spawn a guard who attacks the character and they lose all their cargo, possibly their ship.[/quote:2ma03nmm]

NEIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Ranman Participant
      December 4, 2008 at 11:28 am #8288
      "Avanga":1ak1qdr6 wrote:
      Spice cargo should be a separate system entirely, involving hidden pads and special cargo that gives smuggling xp for selling.[/quote:1ak1qdr6]

Now that’s an idea. Let’s make smuggling mains smugglers!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.