Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat Suggestions for Skills and Feats (Medical)
This topic has 18 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 1 month ago by IssacFrost.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
    • IssacFrost Participant
      March 18, 2015 at 12:56 pm #24982

It feels the Medical Class is in need of a bit of love.

Feats
      Medical Field All healing is boosted by 25%.
      Expert Doctor The Doctor skill is 50% faster.

Cybernetic Enhancement All cybernetics get a +1.
      OR
      Cybernetic Professional All cybernetics attempts are 40% more succesful.

Skill 150
      Medical Drone- Requires a Medical Drone. Medical Drone will auto heal (victim) when their health drops below 50%. This requires that the drone has a Medpac.
      *You can give it new medpacs when it runs out.
      *It can be destroyed.
      *It can be rescued like a team member.
      *It can follow (victim) until destroyed similar to messenger drone.
      *Has 500 Health.
      *Only one can be deployed at a time per (victim) but multiples can be deployed for different (victims)
      *Can be made or purchased.

I would also like to see Droids working without the Aggro Owner bug as they sound like a cool idea specially for Engineers. They sound like an awesome idea.

Also would like to see Cloning implemented. Sounds cool but sad it doesn’t work.

• StormRyder Participant
      March 18, 2015 at 1:50 pm #24983

I agree the Droid aggro is annoying. I’ve had to replace my Droid a few times because it attacked me when an aggro mob attacked me and I dispatched it quickly. Yet if I call a merc it doesn’t do that. Not sure what’s different between the two.

Love the idea of a medic drone, could be very useful. Bonuses to cyber installations could be a major game changer, if it adds more stat. The rest I totally agree with.

• Xavious Participant
      March 18, 2015 at 2:02 pm #24985

@IssacFrost: These are some good feat ideas. I personally like the increased healing % and the bonus to the the cybernetic stats.

The increased cyber success rate would be a wasted feat, imo, because of how rarely it fails and also the fact that it is really easy to avoid any penalty from failure, such as death, as long as you perform the procedure in a safe room.

Cloning is a functional mechanic in the game, but it isn’t currently implemented in this timeline right now. It is something that is sometimes developed late in a timeline, but I think it has fallen by the wayside because of some of the negative side effects of cloning, such as giving already really hard to kill characters a chance at immortality.

I like the medical droid idea too, but I can see it being countered really easily.. especially with a low HP range of 500. That’s one sniper shot and your healing droid is toast. The aggro droid issue is a mystery to me and I would love to see combat droids actually become truly feasible. Until that bug is worked out, combat droids or any droid in a combat situation for that matter, will remain a liability.

• Xavious Participant
      March 18, 2015 at 2:10 pm #24986

It seems that the combat medic class is very appealing to a handful of people right now. In order for this to become a thing we would need to implement some form of mid round healing skills. This could stretch even farther to curing ailments like poison or blindness.

Ideally, to make a healer mechanic worthwhile, we would have to find a balance that makes having a healer/medic in the group better than just having another combatant. It could definitely turn into something that will need to be tested and tweaked quite a bit to ensure balance and an enjoyable level of playability.

• IssacFrost Participant
      March 18, 2015 at 3:40 pm #24987

What would be a good health pool for the medical drone? And I’d change cloning to particular labs like the Kaminoan had and remove it from the Medical set so its hard to clone I suppose? Not sure.

I would like the droid fixed because it sounds like such a cool idea specially for Engineers who can improve them.

I personally like the Cyber +1. It’s a major changer but it is a Feat you have to take.

I suggested the medical drone as a way for a combat medic to have healing on his target in case you yourself cannot heal them while engaged in a fight. Not sure how the mechanics work there but I wish First was capable to be used in combat but not Doctor skill.

Medical + First would make an interesting combination at this point.
      Medical Drone should count as being behind the person as well. But any suggestions for improving them is welcomed.

• IssacFrost Participant
      March 18, 2015 at 3:56 pm #24988

Okay so I asked and since First cannot be used the Drone would be the only ‘combat medic’ choice you have if in combat which would remain balanced. I’d have it that you can deploy another drone and hand it a medpac during fighting but that’s just me heh.

• IssacFrost Participant
      March 18, 2015 at 4:30 pm #24989

As Xav proposed:
      Doctor during combat. 10 sec to activate. Heals 20% of Max Hp. If Medpac equipped it heals 30% of Max Hp.

*Doctor takes right now more than 10 seconds to heal. So I propose to shorten it to actually make it viable.

• Xavious Participant
      March 18, 2015 at 5:00 pm #24991

More specifically I proposed changing doctor into a round based skill used mid round in combat. A skill that you can use every 2-3 rounds to heal an allied player while in combat. Possible ways to compute the heal amount could be quantifying the quality of the medpac, the medic’s medical level, the medic’s % in doctor, and the medic’s % in the medical science, which is currently an unused science if I’m not mistaken. This could also be stacked with the proposed healing feat mentioned earlier.

I propose the skill would heal for an average of 25-30% of the average damage output in a typical round of combat. I’m just throwing number out here. I don’t know what’s reasonable or not at this point.

Just a random idea we’ve been discussing on OOC. I know there have been a lot of people stating a desire to play a combat medic/healer class. Medical in general is pretty lackluster in its current form.

• IssacFrost Participant
      March 18, 2015 at 5:51 pm #24992

It is lackluster. I run one. I should know.

Okay I think its easier to just go with raw numbers instead of a formula to make it easy to code. Easier to put the flat numbers you mentioned then a formula.

25% max hp normal
      35% max hp medpac

Medical Field is multiplicative not additive. So it would be 25%(25%)= 31% rounded down or 35%(25%)= 43% rounded down.

If balance is an issue make it a three round move then. Though I think two round is good. I’m not sure how long is one roubd seconds wise. It’s also important the healing is good but not too fast that it negates damage. More like mitigate damage.

Medical Drone applies First instead while the combat medic uses Doctor.

I don’t really see anything bad in changing it to a two-three round move instead. But it has to work all the time that way so in or out of combat it has to be that way so programming is easier. It will be messy to program two variations (although a flag can be set during combat to change it to the other style its a lot more coding too)

• Seryb Participant
      March 18, 2015 at 6:27 pm #24993

Feat: Crime scene analyst: Level: 130

Requires character to have forensics and medical sciences mastered to even obtain.

Examine a pool of blood or corpse will allow the character to determine weapon type used to cause said blood/death, race of attacker via DNA evidence (regardless of disguise) and time attack occurred with relation to time command.
      This would give chronometers a purpose and be really nifty.

• Seryb Participant
      March 18, 2015 at 6:31 pm #24994

Im with @xavious in liking increased heal and or bonus to cybers. With regards to the medic droid we could get rid of the headaches that is droids and just make a level 130+ medic feat that is ‘Combat Medic’ it would allow a player to heal another who was actively engaged as long as they too did not become engaged. After a certain amount of medpac uses the player that is engaged would get a 10 min cool down before they could be healed by another in combat again.

• IssacFrost Participant
      March 18, 2015 at 9:08 pm #24995

I like the Combat Medic idea but propose that allows the use of First and Doctor while in combat even when engaged. This is only allowed using 30 First or one Doctor every 5 minutes on that target player. With the 5 minutes starting as soon as the 30 Firsts or 1 Doctor are done on that target player.

*Doctor requires a medpac and heals roughly what 30 Firsts would heal in one shot but taking longer as it does now. Doctor by itself cannot be used in combat.

• Kirash Participant
      March 18, 2015 at 9:44 pm #24998

I would only be cool with a boost to cybernetic effects if it was a result of being a Medical Main rather than it being a feat that anyone with high enough medical could get. Kind of like how being a slicer main lets you secure to Delta-7 rather than Delta-4.

• IssacFrost Participant
      March 18, 2015 at 9:54 pm #24999

Oh yeah you need Medical 150 to get it. So main Medical like Cloning Expert.

Cybernetic Proficiency Feat Level 150-
      Cybernetics get enhanced as if they were one level above their original make.

Combat Medic Feat Level 130-
      Allows using Doctor in combat but only while using a medpac. Doctor heals 35% Max HP. It takes 20 seconds for Doctor to be effective. So once a heal every 20 seconds.

Doctor out of combat, without medpac, heals 25% Max HP.

*I timed Doctor and it takes around 20 seconds to work. So basically my estimate was right.

• neven Participant
      March 20, 2015 at 3:41 pm #25007

I’ll never understand why people want a non-combat main to be better at combat. I’m all for making certain mains, like medical, more interesting or appealing so they can actually be chosen, but keep it to something relevant to “medical” rather than “combat” since their main is “medical” rather than “combat.” Seems like a no-brainer. There is more to LotJ than just combat after all, look at the changes to slicer and how… interesting at least those are, whether you like them or not. Perhaps something to do with cloning, cybernetics (like the suggestion of making medical mains do it better, or even a cybernetic-like thing like genetic engineering that would realistically be more biological than mechanical and therefore more medical and less engy), or new (but relevant to medical) things like plastic surgery being like a permament unremovable disguise only overridden by another plastic surgery, or being able to make diseases or poisons or something (though that’d be mostly a development thing but still).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.