Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Suggestion: Upgradedroid
This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 2 months ago by Jinjin.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • maverick Member
      March 11, 2013 at 11:40 am #21277

Give droids a piloting focus. While they are in the pilot/navigator chair they operate similar to the navigator feat, giving 15 or 20 points to hyperspeed, but they can also do simple tasks like changing course and speed. They should have zero ship combat abilities. Piloting commands could be given through shiptalk, allowing the owner of the droid to be in another location on the ship (turret/engine room). This would allow greater ability for a single player to fly a ship with an awkward room layout (Crusader Corvette for example), The Droids should not be able to pilot anything higher than Medium spacecraft.

• Zakattack Participant
      March 11, 2013 at 2:11 pm #21279

I like it. Would it stack with the navigator feat? Also I wouldn’t like them in capitals. And also they shouldn’t be able to operate with the autopilot on, of course.

• Seryb Participant
      March 11, 2013 at 2:23 pm #21281

I like it too, R2 is always saving Luke’s ass one way or another.

• Jinjin Member
      March 12, 2013 at 4:28 pm #21285

If there was a way to like a post, I would like yours Seryb. R2 is indeed always saving Luke’s ass.

As far as the droid part, the droid wouldn’t actually be controlling the ship, instead it would add to the player stats. Which I guess if someone wanted to level their droid a bunch, it could prove instrumental if you base its level to the amount of gains it gives.

• maverick Member
      March 12, 2013 at 8:21 pm #21286

I was intending for the droid to be controlling the ship, so a pilot could be elsewhere on the vessel. Probably more of a fluff thing for engineers to be in their mobile workshop calling out commands on shiptalk so they can travel and fulfill customer orders, or a pilot is sitting in the turret shooting down a pirate, shiptalks over to the droid to jump within range of the next pirate in the sector. If all the droid did was enchance the pilots stats, the pilot would still be doing all the commands and would eliminate the very reason I was suggesting the droid.

I will still be willing to have a piloting focus if all it did was modify pilot stats like Jinjin mentioned

• Jinjin Member
      March 13, 2013 at 6:43 pm #21293

i don”t know if i’d focus on the engineer profile. i  usually run to the workshop while in hyper if i can’t to it from the cabin.

it would be good to have a “remote” fuction like your saying above to control the ship. especially when you want to use the turret for increased accuracy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.