Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Suggestion: Smuggling to avoid Taxes
This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 2 months ago by Jinjin.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • maverick Member
      March 1, 2013 at 9:08 am #21157

Smuggling Level 50-60 skill.

A toggled passive skill that will attempt to avoid taxes while loading and unloading cargo. Failure of an attempt would result in the lost of the entire cargo contents and a large fine (value of goods seizes + current tax * 2 or 3). Maximum skill percentage should cap at 75 or 85%. Each successful smuggling could reward the taxes saved as smuggling xp.

• Zakattack Participant
      March 1, 2013 at 10:48 pm #21161

Quite the punishment for a failure that’s likely to happen. I like it, though.

• maverick Member
      March 2, 2013 at 2:38 am #21166

Without a harsh punishment, the fine/failure would be insignificant. With a string of good luck, and every planet running 10-20% taxes, you would be saving/gaining 10-30k per 10k cargo. Having to lose 40-100k for a bad smuggling run should give you pause.

Edit: Now that I think about it, we aren’t just doing one transaction per landing, we are doing multiple because of planetary funding, that would mean 5-8 smuggling attempts and if max is 75% to avoid failure, you would almost always get caught without ungodly luck.

• Zakattack Participant
      March 2, 2013 at 9:56 am #21167

That was my point. I usually sell 500 and buy 500 until the cargo is swapped. That’s a lot of chance for failure. Doesn’t mean it can’t be implemented some way. Maybe not make it passive.

• Jinjin Member
      March 4, 2013 at 6:49 pm #21174

I was really wanting that to be a link to being Rick Rolled….Just saying.

I like the idea, especially that there is a heavy punishment for failure. I could see someone sitting there bored smuggling in 1 piece at a time though. It really adds to the smuggling class, which really isn’t played much.

• Jinjin Member
      March 4, 2013 at 6:51 pm #21175

(OOC) Renok: This is the name I want for it though….Creative accounting.

LOL that is what it would be called in RL.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.