Tagged: 
This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 5 months ago by Andvari.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Direz Participant
      December 12, 2012 at 12:55 pm #20502

Submit is a command thats abused so often, that it is neglected its RP value. Constantly I hear/see people submit, hail away, or submit and some other dickish command.

Submitting lowers all move points to 0, this is a heavy hit for sure. However I think that it should be perhaps a locking action that lasts 30secs-1min where all you can do is say/emote. No other commands may be used. OR give it a lag timer like as seen on the spell Unfamiliar.

• Altrez Participant
      December 12, 2012 at 2:48 pm #20503

This is still a thing? I’ve seen submit/hail combo used to evade otherwise certain capture. At the time I thought it was pretty clever, but shouldn’t this be fixed by now? It’s clearly a sploit and not what submit is intended for.

“Usage: submit

This command will force your character to submit to someone that is holding
      them. It will lower your movement points to 0. Perhaps this could be used
      as a way to peacefully submit to their captor.

This command can also be used in combat to submit to your opponent, effectively
      ending the battle.”

Feigning surrender is certainly a viable tactic but when the command changes movement points to zero, there has to be a reason. It probably wasn’t intended as a free alternative to flee/shove when you have nowhere left to go.

• Walldo Keymaster
      December 12, 2012 at 4:11 pm #20504

Having a short lag (like steal) or simply requiring movement in order to submit seems like an easy enough fix.

• Seryb Participant
      December 13, 2012 at 7:10 am #20516

You mean movement in order to hail Walldo? I hadn’t seen this before until this timeline to be honest but I had someone beaten completely, then had this pulled on me.

• Coya Participant
      December 13, 2012 at 10:20 am #20517

Well, I think there are a couple of fixes for the submit command.

It requires a minimum of 500 movement to use submit, but when you use it your movement resets to 0.

You get a brief amount of lag when you use the submit command.

As well, as I believe that depending on your role there should be a config option on if you would even consider granting someone mercy if they did submit. So, if you’re one of those that shows now mercy? Config -submit. If on the flip side you would? Config +submit.

• Gyndi Participant
      December 13, 2012 at 11:50 am #20518

Hailing should definitely have a movement requirement (maybe if you don’t have 100 mv, you can’t use the command or something) and some lag.

As well, as I believe that depending on your role there should be a config option on if you would even consider granting someone mercy if they did submit. So, if you’re one of those that shows now mercy? Config -submit. If on the flip side you would? Config +submit.

Generally, when someone is attacking someone else, they don’t really play nice like that. If the person being attacked submits, the person will just attack them again anyway until they’re stunned. 😛

• Baxtalo Participant
      December 13, 2012 at 12:51 pm #20519

What about the other half of the argument… the people who use submit to try and RP and are repeatedly attacked anyway? Especially when done in a place that cannot be escaped from, like a ship. Any attempts to try and use the command for its RP value are immediately overshadowed by people who would rather shoot non-combat mains who have already submitted to you in a room whose exits you blocked off before attacking them.

A lag greater than 2 rounds could really hurt as far as being able to tell someone “I am submitting to you, I surrender, please don’t kill me” after using the command.

Stopping people from using submit and hail immediately could be fixed by having hail cost 5 movement points. If submit made it so the next tick of movement refresh was nullified, even if it happened seconds after the submit, it would still provide the attacker with enough time to properly subdue and bind the submitter rather than put them down. (And also be charged with picking up all of their things, too.)

• Walldo Keymaster
      December 13, 2012 at 3:22 pm #20520

That’s actually a VERY valid point. If someone decided to start shooting you, they won’t stop just because you submitted.

• Andvari Participant
      December 13, 2012 at 3:46 pm #20521

WALLDO EDIT: don’t make bad posts

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.