This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 1 month ago by Zeromus.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Kebron Participant
      February 11, 2014 at 8:41 pm #23635

For public clans individuals would ‘invest’ ( low level diplo command) in a business, based on the actual funds/ships/tech value of the company in question you would gain a micro percentage of stock ownership in said company.
      This would allow hostile takeovers, mergers, etc, and also provide more stuff for diplomat types in clans outside gov jobs.
      At the end of every IC day, week, or month, shareholders would have the option to either ‘reinvest’ forgoing their own profits for the sake of the business, ‘split’ which would increase their % of stock minutely, or ‘dividend’ which would pay them a small profit from the clans coffers based upon the clans total worth and the value of said stock %.
      Thoughts?
      This would open the possibility for individuals to gain leverage on clans, for clans to merge, hostile takeovers, to be put out of business in a polite legal way, and many other tiny aspects of the finance world.

• Terezi Participant
      February 14, 2014 at 1:07 am #23651

I dunno. I see some sort of shenanigans with two engi clans investing in eachother and forcing takeovers and mergers, resulting in a game of hot space potato.

• khamael Participant
      February 27, 2014 at 7:47 pm #23706

I like the idea, but I dunno about the split thing; that % has to come from somewhere, and if they’re player-owned that would reach directly into other peoples’ pockets.

What if we kept Reinvest and Dividend and set up “Stock Exchanges” in banks where players can liststock <company> <# of shares> <price per share> (place a stock for sale), checkstocks (show stocks available for purchase) and buystock <company> <# of shares>? Give initial clan leaders 100% of the stock to start and let them distribute it as they will. This would allow clan leaders to hang on to 51% if they choose, ensuring their continued ownership of the company, while preserving the dynamics of stock trade.

• Leoninus Participant
      February 27, 2014 at 9:18 pm #23720

This happens without skills. I’ve seen engie clans have hostile takeovers (with blasters!) and I’ve “invested” in engie clans to help ensure I had a say in the going ons (shareholder/boardmember.) RP it!

• Zeromus Participant
      February 28, 2014 at 12:16 am #23730

I am completely 100% against a system that allows whoever bots most to get control of a clan.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.