This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 12 months ago by rakun.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    • Kyntomies Member
      October 19, 2008 at 12:00 pm #825

That would be awesome. There could be slicer skill with you can check the bourse. There would be dozens of random corporations or even player organizations with their value of stocks increasing and decreasing daily or hourly. Then you can invest your money to them and see how they do. Finally an option for cargo running and something more for noncombatants.

• Rojan QDel Member
      October 19, 2008 at 3:27 pm #7971

And then we can have a 700 billion credit bailout plan when it all falls to pieces.

• Inactive
      October 19, 2008 at 4:18 pm #7974

Dont forget to add the two zeros behind that 7.

• Drel Member
      October 19, 2008 at 8:10 pm #7977
      "Garand":30sjship wrote:
      Dont forget to add the two zeros behind that 7.[/quote:30sjship]
      Rgr rgr. 1 credit = 1 USD, thankfully.
    • Walldo Keymaster
      October 20, 2008 at 4:54 am #7981

Can someone explain how exactly it might work on other muds? I’m not really familiar with how it would go

• maverick Member
      May 6, 2013 at 7:06 am #21836

Super Necromancy!

All stocks start at a base value (50). Stocks would be affected by players and 30-60 minute ticks. Players owning stock could set a minsell/maxbuy on their stock

for example playerA has 50 shares of CoreTec valued at 50.0 apiece, and sets his minsell 50.5.

PlayerB wants 50 shares of CoreTec and sets his maxbuy at 51, the next time the timer ticks the queued transactions go through, priority based on the time and credit value entered.

PlayerC is going for a 30 stock purchase of CoreTec, and in order to swoop in and take all of the available stocks being sold he sets his maxbuy at 54, his order jumps in front of PlayerB because 54 is higher than 51 and playerA gets paid 54c for the first 30 of his 50 stocks, and the next order in the queue starts getting filled and playerB only gets 20 stocks at 51 from playerA…

After all queued player transactions are done, every stock is given a ‘random’ action check, and this check gives plus minus or nochange effect, like randint(1,100 == check) if check >= 80 you would get a positive change to the stock value (no more than like a .5 per check) and same for the negative change.

Each of the companies providing stocks to the stockmarket should have a max stock value (CoreTec only offers 10,000 stocks publicly, once those are purchased at the “going public” price its all left to the players to modify the price

• Zakattack Participant
      May 6, 2013 at 9:39 am #21840

How in depth would this go? Would slicers be the only ones allowed to see stock values? Would player corps be able to offer stock options to their employees? Would this affect individual planets economy at all? Would there be a stock exchange or would it just be through bank-flagged rooms? Just some questions I have.

Would there be a way to hack the stock system? Actually, I wouldn’t mind this. If everyone had a “stock number” or even just use their bank account number, then they could be protected just like bank accounts, with the option of hacking to transfer stocks to the slicer’s account at ridiculously low prices. Just me rambling.

• maverick Member
      May 6, 2013 at 9:45 am #21841

I imagine it would be something like showplanet/showclan a level 1 skill everyone has to view the stocks, maybe make you have to visit the bank to put orders on the queue.

The more indepth it goes the more problems the system could have. I was really just answering Walldo’s ancient question about how the system would work, not really trying to get it implemented… I was bored

• Zakattack Participant
      May 6, 2013 at 9:48 am #21843

Yeah like I said, I was rambling. I can foresee some rp value for it, and I like it. “I am your top stockholder! I require a discount on my armor order” Etc… etc. That would be only if play corp. stocks actually affected the clan’s budget.

• Baxtalo Participant
      May 6, 2013 at 11:50 am #21847

As crazy as this sounds, if it somehow was made to work, that would be an amazing new addition for moneymaking purposes.

• maverick Member
      May 6, 2013 at 12:19 pm #21849

I could probably flesh the logic of the system out a little more if this was to be implemented, attach a number of the fake companys to different planets, have the company’s growth and decline based off planet popular support and crime rates, give players the ability to smalltalk their way to growth or inspire crime their way into lowering prices, but I think that system would be more exploitable than the random +/- gains

EDIT: the random increase/decrease of .5 credits should be the normal change, there should be a low percentage chance of a crash/climb of high value change, otherwise there would be no real risk, just check in every tick and sell when its high… maybe we can make it less random and more of an erratic sin() curve… Ill think on it

• Walldo Keymaster
      May 7, 2013 at 7:33 pm #21874

It’s an interesting idea I guess but I don’t see it going anywhere. This is Star Wars, not an economic simulator. The main question with any new feature is: what does this add to the mud?

• rakun Participant
      May 11, 2013 at 3:23 pm #21885

We currently do have a weird ‘clan owner’ code, but from what I’ve seen, only works for clans made from formclan. I’d guess the stock market feature would be the ability to own clans by an individual or another clan.

For example, Empire owning KDY, while both remaining different clans. If the Empire finds out the leader of KDY was selling weapons and ships to the Rebels, they can change the leaders. It could also occasionally gain % of it profits. (or at least ask for them)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.