Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Steal NavChart/Slice Control Codes
This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 9 months ago by Oteri.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
    • illyduss Participant
      June 29, 2015 at 3:27 pm #25505

Slicers should really be able to grab control codes and steal Navcharts.

• Sarac Participant
      June 29, 2015 at 6:46 pm #25506

I’ve been saying this for ages… and maybe even copy them… people might be a little more secure with what they do then

• Oteri Participant
      June 29, 2015 at 8:05 pm #25508

Every part of this makes me feel nauseated.

On the one hand, they should be difficult to get, but in the other, opsec, yo

• Zeromus Participant
      June 29, 2015 at 8:36 pm #25509

It is stunningly easy to get into people’s hidden sectors. With the exception of one, every hidden sector got busted last TL, for instance. A skill isn’t needed for this, just detective work.

• illyduss Participant
      June 30, 2015 at 10:20 am #25511

Yeah, but it says you need a chart and so getting that chart either makes it easier or works awesome for RP. I mean selling plans is like half of the spy game. Also don’t forget about control codes.

• StormRyder Participant
      June 30, 2015 at 10:46 am #25512

Also a skilled slicer should be able to remove someone who has pirateship access.

Slicer – Slicenavcomp copy/remove/alter – can remove or copy or even alter (low chance of success without detection) a loaded nav chart (140+ slicer MAIN)

Espi – Copy nav chart – 140+ same as duplicate key, medium chance of success, possible chance of destroying original in process.

• Quicksilver Participant
      July 1, 2015 at 6:05 pm #25515

You can get your hands on navcharts. I’ve busted into every hidden sector but two so far in this particular timeline. My question is what do you guys, the ones that are pro-alteration of navhcharted ships, feel is the justification to alter the current system? What would be the benefit, besides that you’re too lazy to do it the possible ways you can now via acquiring navcharts or matching vectors?

• illyduss Participant
      July 2, 2015 at 10:42 am #25519

For the most part it just makes sense for a slicer to be able to do it, but the advantage is that it would place more importance on securing ships and checking on ships. Maybe even uploading fake charts might become a thing for some people to do to defend against it.

• Kirash Participant
      July 2, 2015 at 11:50 am #25520

Just speaking from a personal standpoint as someone who has played a lot of Espis and a few slicers, I would have more of a sense of accomplishment successfully matching a vector or stealing a navchart out of the inventory of some fool. Just me though.

• illyduss Participant
      July 16, 2015 at 4:57 am #25590

I dunno slicing into a capital ship, dodging the guards, getting to the nav terminal, and stealing a chart before escaping sounds pretty awesome.

• Baxtalo Participant
      July 16, 2015 at 6:49 am #25591

Slicers already have this ability through matchvector. They are more important as characters due to matchvector than they would be if a skill like that came up. Otherwise, they’d be as good as copy machines in situations like those where their value would actually be proven repeatedly.

• Oteri Participant
      July 16, 2015 at 6:16 pm #25596

I’d also like to point out that as glorified xerox machines that can pass off copied navcharts and then can promptly return to their “main,” a skill like this would do 0 for character development

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.