Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Spyapps and Taxis
This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 9 months ago by Zeromus.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Zyrilius Participant
      July 30, 2012 at 1:57 am #19652

So…couple things really.

1) Spyapps:  I understand the point for them, I understand their value, however, how is it fair for people to put in spyapps and then just idle said spy so they can simply relay info to their bosses?  Spies don’t just get to sit there and tap phones all day.  Spies have to work for their information.  Infiltrate, make the enemy believe he is one of them which in turn gives the potential to have that spy located.  As it stands now, thats all spies do here and it makes it utterly impossible to fish out moles despite the RP backing said protocol.

2)  taxis:  this ties in with spies because no one uses real ships anymore, people just sit in taxi’s over enemy planets and watch fleets waiting for them to move so they can report the movement.  using nothing but taxis for intel is bogus as hell.  that should not be allowed either.

• Zyrilius Participant
      July 30, 2012 at 2:14 am #19653

Coding security clearances on clan channels would resolve a lot of this concern I have, as it would prevent some random double agent sitting around as a private and monitoring the communications of high command.   Could have coded clearances on clan itself or maybe separate inter-clan channels that you have to be a certain rank to speak/listen to.  You argue about how sitting around idling and listening to comms is totally what spies do, but all the branches of the military and the president don’t all chat on the same radio frequency in one big pile for all to hear either.

• Ralen Keymaster
      July 30, 2012 at 4:25 am #19655

1) People who “just idle and spy” usually have their spyapps rescinded, or denied outright before ever being approved. Not quite sure where you got this interpretation from but this is absolutely not how the process for spying on a clan works.

2) Do they? I recall a MASSIVE problem last timeline where certain players were simply choosing to shoot down anyone in a taxi who they couldn’t be bothered to identify, because “the gods will sort it out” or “anyone in a taxi could be an enemy”. This is player paranoia and laziness, and “everyone just sits in taxis over enemy planets” is again not really a scenario that happens all that often. it DOES happen, yes – but not nearly as much as you might think.

• Inactive
      July 30, 2012 at 4:46 am #19656

Most really important things are said in person. If you separate the clan channel than it just gets quiet for the newbs.

• Zeromus Participant
      July 30, 2012 at 2:11 pm #19659

1. Yeah, I’ve only ever seen this happen once. It doesn’t happen as much as you think it does like Ralen says. Clans that need ‘security clearances’ already do this through other methods like holo, commnet channels etc.

2. Like I said on OOC when you brought this up, a lot of the taxis you see idling in space have nobody in them. When you have a certain amount of sensors it’s possible to check if there’s people in them. If they’ve just been sitting there and there’s nobody in them, you just destroy them. If it’s someone that just flew in you can just tell them to leave.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.