This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 9 months ago by Baxtalo.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • illyduss Participant
      July 15, 2015 at 11:56 pm #25585

I was just thinking about current events and how a planet can be blockaded and such and I had this idea. Space mines, much like sea mines used IRL, but in space. Maybe make them able to carry mods too so a particularly crafty org puts cloaking devices on them before deploying them so a specific flight path would be needed to get to orbit or something too?

Oh and of course Spacetoopers would be awesome.

• StormRyder Participant
      July 16, 2015 at 1:37 am #25586

Interesting, a mine field.

How would safe passage be implemented? Clan members would be able to see? Or maybe auto if check when piloting to avoid them?

• illyduss Participant
      July 16, 2015 at 2:31 am #25587

Maybe by coming into system at a specific coord is safe and then travelling from there.

if (x,y,z) == (x,y,z):
      code
      else:
      blows up

• Oteri Participant
      July 16, 2015 at 6:10 pm #25595

Meanwhile, aboard Cargo Joe’s YT-1300, disaster occurs!

• Baxtalo Participant
      July 16, 2015 at 7:44 pm #25597

Your heart’s in the right place trying to think of new things, but this would never work because of how many accidental perms it would incur, like Oteri was trying to hint to. All the public systems you can access are ones rife with the possibility that you accidentally kill a completely random bystander.

People are more prone to shoot/tractor you than chase you unless you’re in a capital, making that it’d probably get run over by someone unaffiliated even moreso

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.