Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Smuggling cargo
This topic has 18 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 1 month ago by KRESKZZORZ.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
    • Flek Participant
      January 24, 2014 at 7:58 pm #23553

I got to thinking, now would be a great time to introduce a system for smugglers to bypass embargo’s.

Thats what they did, they took illegal cargo from point a to point b.

• rakun Participant
      January 24, 2014 at 8:44 pm #23554

I already wrote this idea a long time ago, but it’d be cool, yes.

Also make it be worth more, but it would trigger alarm if done on a secured landing pad. And of course, people can still check you for your permit. 😛

• Ralen Keymaster
      January 25, 2014 at 1:01 am #23555

This is on a fellow coder’s to do list, precisely for the reason that it’d be cool. 😛

• Flek Participant
      January 25, 2014 at 7:35 am #23556

Sweet, now I can beat cargo runners for dropping their cargo at the first sign of imperials!

• Carnus Participant
      January 25, 2014 at 5:44 pm #23557

Love the idea, hate the whole ‘Alarm triggered if pad secured’ When you smuggle, I assume you’re selling to people. An automated system wouldn’t pick up a hacking or rewiring attempt from that, would it?

But the rest, awesome.

• Seryb Participant
      January 26, 2014 at 10:40 am #23562

I agree, also would it be possible for cappies with enough sensors to scan your cargo bay, allowing an imp pilot to see if your carrying illegal cargo in the first plac?

• Seryb Participant
      January 26, 2014 at 10:42 am #23563

Illegal cargo could be determined in game, usual suspects being spice, but possibly weapons and ammunition as well. Whatever was RP’d out. It would be reasonable for anything illegal to get its price of sale jacked up as well.

• Paco Participant
      January 28, 2014 at 5:25 am #23573

Can’t wait until this becomes a reality. 🙂

• Paco Participant
      January 28, 2014 at 5:28 am #23574

Also, speaking of smuggling. I think it’d be cool if we threw in a few more hidden landing pads. Some of our more unfortunate planets only have one landing pad as it is. The thrill is in the chase, after all, not the (inevitable) catch. 😉 (jk, run, run as fast as you can)

• Flek Participant
      January 28, 2014 at 8:35 am #23575

Not like you cant smuggle cargo now. Ad hoc system steal permit!

• Logan Participant
      January 30, 2014 at 11:44 pm #23578

No amount of scanning could effectively “see” what was being transported. Checking of cargo should remain a part of the ground forces role, since they should also be checking permits.

• Seryb Participant
      February 1, 2014 at 2:58 am #23583

Sensors can track how many lifeforms are onboard, why wouldn’t it be able to detect cargo type?

• Corey Participant
      February 1, 2014 at 3:11 am #23584

Maybe sensors check for heart rhythms of various species? And not like, magic know-it-all scanner that says you’re carrying 7 tons of salami, 2 tons of chicken heads and 1 ton crate of illegal spice. 🙂

• Paco Participant
      February 1, 2014 at 6:18 am #23585

Just granting the ability to smuggle cargo would be good in my book. As I see it cargo type shouldn’t really matter, was some planets might import spice for reasons other than spreading it among the populace (rich folks be havin’ fun y’all, holla!). I wouldn’t mind seeing an echo when cargo is successfully sold (please god don’t make an echo for when there aren’t enough funds for sale). I would say keep it the same echo for the smuggle cargo skill, and leave it up to law enforcement to stay informed about who is and isn’t allowed to run cargo (throwing the ship name in the sale echo would be cool, have it be something like, “Mike makes a transaction with the cargo authorities who unload a shipment from YT-1300 ‘MikesShip’.” Most people sell in 250-500 increments so the echo shouldn’t flood the screen too badly.

• korr Participant
      March 16, 2014 at 6:13 pm #23857

I see in this thread that this was something being worked on. Any word on how close to being implemented it is?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.