Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Small Suggestion for Commnets
This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 3 months ago by Zakattack.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Ocerion Participant
      January 23, 2013 at 1:54 am #20809

The Imm Staff should clarify a relatively minor issue that is fairly persistant on the mud, one way or another, and that is the races showing up on commnet. Is it IC? Is it not IC? Are the people who enjoy screaming that you can tell you’re a human on the commnets douchebags, or are the people screaming that you can’t possibly know that douchebags? (I vote both…shut the hell up people seriously.) Its really not important one way or another, but having some sort of Imm given clarification (And possibly code changes to enforce that) would probably be quite nice. I personally am 100% in both groups on this one, as the real issue is not quite understanding WHAT IS THE COMMNET exactly, combined with…well…If it shows the talker is a Twi’lek and we weren’t supposed to know that, such a thing is so far past easy to rectify that it must be intentional, and therefore “correct” that we’d know. On the other hand, as there is a lack of knowing what is the commnet…HOW ARE WE TELLING WHAT THESE PEOPLE ARE VIA RADIO WAVES!!! Ehh, The End.

• Walldo Keymaster
      January 23, 2013 at 2:04 am #20810

It is 100% in-character, it always has been and always will be. People who make a stink about using race/dub/greet/restring IC are just plain wrong.

• Sarac Participant
      January 23, 2013 at 8:37 am #20817

I somewhat agree with Walldo. There’s Reality and there’s too much reality… If we continue to make SWR like real life, I don’t think it would be as enjoyable as we come here to get away from our wives cheating on us and the alcohol that  will rot our brains!!!! That might just be Veska… but yeah… Good idea, but I think it takes the mud in the wrong direction

• Zakattack Participant
      January 23, 2013 at 10:12 am #20820

I’ve just taken it as, you can tell by their accent in basic, and how they sound in general tells you their race.  I’ve never really argued it, and if I didn’t want someone to know my race on commnet, I wear armor or I disguise myself. If I think about it too much then it takes away from the fun.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.