Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Slowdraw (needs buff?)
Tagged: 
This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Oteri.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Telestrial Participant
      April 27, 2013 at 1:24 am #21754

Currently, slowdraw is useful to draw one pistol. It can’t draw a repeater, and I believe that makes sense. However, does one pistol make any sense ? Considering it’s a lvl 150 smuggling skill, it appears to provide little advantage. The only real thing I see is a blackjack opportunity, but that’s a whole different tree.  Should slowdraw’s effectiveness be tied so closely another tree?  In a straight up combat situation, drawing one blaster puts you at a disadvantage vs. the person the will autodraw a repeater or even two pistols…two blades..regardless of what they pull, really, it will be better than your ability to get a first attack off with only one weapon.

Should slowdraw be changed to allow the hidden draw of two pistols ?

• maverick Member
      April 27, 2013 at 2:04 am #21755

If nothing else, I would like to see it draw one of the two pistols in my holster, otherwise if I ever want to use the skill, I have to gimp myself at all times.

• Bai Participant
      April 27, 2013 at 8:42 am #21756

the point of slow draw is to be able to blackjack someone without them noticing im p. sure

• Corey Participant
      April 27, 2013 at 4:53 pm #21764

I’m not sure I buy a 150 smuggling skill being used solely for a 130 espionage skill. Especially considering if you’re blackjacking with a pistol, you’re doing it wrong anyways.

• Oteri Participant
      April 27, 2013 at 7:37 pm #21766

WALLDO EDIT: Take your own advice. This was inappropriate.

I can see the argument in this, though. Slowdraw as it is seems a little silly.

Crazy idea. What if we suggested buffing reflexes and making single-pistol smugglers (130+) an actual combat option?

• neven Participant
      April 28, 2013 at 4:16 am #21769

Seconded Corey. Seems to me like the main purpose, especially if it’s one pistol and specifically not a repeater, is to insist that Han shot first, rather than autodrew when Greedo missed his opening shot. But if that is the point, perhaps it should have a buff in damage or something for that first shot, akin to aim-head though probably not quite as much damage, and surely not such a huge miss chance.

• Altrez Participant
      April 28, 2013 at 8:48 am #21770

Buffing reflexes wouldn’t necessarily restrict it to single pistols, though, which would just make everyone else with reflexes and repeaters/duals  insanely more powerful.

Neven’s idea seems workable to me, it could work like aim.  Slowdraw  or slowdraw target

Then when you attack you get a significant surprise shot bonus.

edit: I could see people immediately dual wielding another pistol afterwards though and just using slowdraw for the initial damage bonus…

• Zeromus Participant
      April 28, 2013 at 11:38 am #21771

In that situation most smugglers wouldn’t have blaster mastery, which kind of tanks your blaster damage against players. Dual wielding immediately wouldn’t be as big of a deal.

• Oteri Participant
      April 28, 2013 at 12:33 pm #21773

There could be work arounds to that though, Zero. If it’s just a bad idea in general, let me know…but I really like the idea of having more options for non-Force combat than just combat/bh mains, especially with the nerf this TL. There are ways to work around the mastery issues, like giving a similar ability for smugglers, but making it so that it doesn’t stack with mastery.

And Altrez, I’ve been looking for a combat main or BH’er with sneak.  There aren’t a whole lot of cheap options available, so aside from the handful of players who have saved up all of their points ever, I don’t think that this would be such a massive issue.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.