Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Slip and thieves eye.
This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 12 months ago by Zeromus.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Zakattack Participant
      May 7, 2013 at 10:26 pm #21876

I think slip should be countered by thieves eye. ’nuff said.

In any game we play, and also the game called ‘real life’, it’s generally accepted that if you’re good at detecting someone taking something out of your pocket, you’re probably good if not better at detecting people from putting things /in/ your pocket. I think thieves eye is a relatively high enough level (110 smuggling) so that it wouldn’t completely detract from your bugging ability of the normal people. Just a thought.

• Zeromus Participant
      May 8, 2013 at 1:54 pm #21877

I am 100% against this. It would take an already amazing skill and make it ridiculously overpowered. We balance things on LOTJ based on gameplay, not real life.

• Falcon Participant
      May 8, 2013 at 3:01 pm #21878

As much as I first thought the same thing, wait, why would you only notice someone taking something from you and not giving you something, it would seriously make it OP.

• Kirash Participant
      May 8, 2013 at 9:13 pm #21881

If you want slip protection, roll a Forcer. Leave thieves_eye alone.

• ccubed Participant
      May 9, 2013 at 7:20 pm #21883

I don’t really see how you can make a logical argument for thieves eye somehow becoming overpowered by being able to see slip too. Especially when the only counter to slip is forcer only. There isn’t really a good argument for there not being a non forcer slip protection.

• Zeromus Participant
      May 10, 2013 at 11:00 pm #21884

Pretty simple. Not being able to slip to forcers is also overpowered.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.