Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Ships Gaining Experience?
This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Walldo.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Avanga Member
      April 14, 2012 at 11:42 am #18840

I was trying to think of ways for existing ships to build up a sort of ‘prestige’, something that would set them apart from other ships of the same model. Think the Millennium Falcon ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Millennium_Falcon ), the Chimaera ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chimaera ), etc.

What if ships had a sort of slowly accumulating long-term experience gain the same way that droids do? As they get more experience doing what they do, they slowly gain bonuses that make them more powerful and set them apart.

• Walldo Keymaster
      April 14, 2012 at 5:29 pm #18841

I’ve always wanted some way to have those kinda custom ‘legendary’ ships and this seems like a great way to do it!

My only real concern is that people will ‘grind’ or whatever to get THE BEST because that’s how they are, but I also don’t want it to be some manual things imms reward.

• Inactive
      April 15, 2012 at 8:39 am #18844

Why not put some restrictions on it. You lose prestige when you change the name. The more in combat but only in certain circumstances etc..and the imms could also give bonuses based on rp and how a person views there ship in said rp etc etc

• Terezi Participant
      April 16, 2012 at 1:23 am #18845

I approve of this idea.

• Altrez Participant
      April 16, 2012 at 2:26 am #18846

Maybe a ships experience level could balance with a detriment like rate of repairs needed.

The millennium falcon was a beast in the field, but it was falling apart constantly. A big junker. This way the older a ship gets, it actually feels older. I don’t know, just a thought.

• Terezi Participant
      April 16, 2012 at 8:02 am #18847

What if all ships were subject to a roll to determine if they were ‘That special one.’ Similar to force, probably more common. If a ship succeeded at that roll, it then rolled for the area at which it could excel. Something would provide experience to the ship somehow and perhaps an engineer could figure out what the ship excels at and/or help it along?

I’m drop dead tired, though, so I’ll probably read this tomorrow morning and wonder what I was thinking.

• Avanga Member
      April 16, 2012 at 8:19 pm #18851

Random roll isn’t a bad idea, but I can totally see people spamming buildship to try and get the perfect ship. x_x

• Zeromus Participant
      April 16, 2012 at 9:56 pm #18852

About the same as people do with “bacta rating” for armor.

• Walldo Keymaster
      April 17, 2012 at 2:34 am #18853

I really like Nightjav’s idea. If ships ‘rolled’ legacy then actually had to use it, kind of like the points formula, in order for the legacy bonus to actually take effect, maybe.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.