This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 5 months ago by Sarac.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Seryb Participant
      September 21, 2012 at 1:33 pm #19898

I didn’t know how to title this really but here’s what I’m thinking. If you’ve got your shields powered up they would stop 98% of everything that comes at you from an opposing ship. However there would be a slim chance a stray laser, ion, or turbolaser bolt (no projectiles) would sneak through the shielding system. I figured it could be based on luck of the pilots in combat possibly? Perhaps that is too hard to code in so maybe it would just be a standard percentage that the Imm’s could put in and tweak as they see fit.  My thinking is that in the books/movies everyone is always saying “Power up the forward deflector shields” or something along those lines… I think it would be way to much of a hassle for pilots to power up shields in anyone direction but the simple idea that the pilot didn’t get shields to full power at the direction of attack from time to time might be cool. Then you would have to deal with the eventual system damage even with shields at full.

• tweave Participant
      November 14, 2012 at 1:21 am #20105

This feels more like Star Trek than Star Wars.

• Sarac Participant
      November 14, 2012 at 3:49 am #20107

I think it would be quite interesting to thrust power into a specific system… like on SW EAW some ships have special abilities like all power to shields (No weapons and energy depletes quicker if you need an emergency get away) or all power to weapons (Depletes energy quicker and shields deplete quicker to finish an enemy off) but perhaps the flagship is the only one that are able to use these abilities to keep balance?

• Seryb Participant
      November 14, 2012 at 5:02 am #20111

Tweave in the star wars books Han, Luke and others pull this kinda stuff so I thought it might cool if we added it here. It’s probably a lot of coding to angle shields but it would open up space combat for more manuverable ships to get behind vessels and attack their weak points.

• Sarac Participant
      November 14, 2012 at 5:10 am #20113

This may be biased but I prefer my idea for ships to have special abilities to surge all power to a certain system, i’d imagine from a coders point of view it would be much easier to implement

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.