Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Sentence command
This topic has 6 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 12 years, 3 months ago by tweave.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Slyth Member
      December 8, 2011 at 2:37 pm #1778

So, I have been having this happen almost every timeline, and figured I should see what everyone thinks of my idea.

Ever stayed up a bit late doing something, get hauled into a long roleplay that lasts long after you are usually done playing, and then get put in jail? When you have time to get on and you were told you could be out, you can’t get ahold of people because not a soul is online. I assume it happens on a regular basis, so why not code in something that will let us out of our cells upon finishing a sentence, release us to a specified room through some kind of roleplay of an npc, get our stuff from said room, tell the npc you are ready, and he lets you outside?

In a main security room, a person may type in "sentence <cell-Block> <cell> <amount of time>" ex: "sentence 1282 4 24" would put the person in block 1282 cell 4 in jail for 24 hours. The person is released at said time from when the original person inputs this. If it is to be changed, only a clan leader, first or second in command, or company owner may change the sentence on someone put in jail. If it is not set, then the person is kept in for 1 week max. for people needing to see remaining time, they could input something like "Sentence view" and this would show all sentences within your clan.

Sentence may also be an empowerment for being able to change sentences, or maybe even view sentences.

This would help players that do not necessarily have a lot of time every day to play, but when they do have time and have been stuck in this situation, the fun of the game instead of the hours of hoping someone from the clan gets online, and even still, if that person will let them out.

Just something I thought of while being in jail, would be nice to be out when you are supposed to be, and would add a whole lot of fun for those actually wanting to play after they are supposed to be out.

• Darrick Participant
      December 8, 2011 at 4:14 pm #17924

I like the idea and think it has a lot of potential, but I also think it has a lot of room for abuse. Then again, so does everything else, so meh. Go for it!

• Cortanis Member
      December 8, 2011 at 5:43 pm #17925

That’s not a bad idea. What if they don’t intend to let you out though? Or if they really need to interrogate someone that they’re going to let out and they just stay logged off that character until their sentence time elapses. And then there is contraband. You’re going to have to wait to get all your weapons back because they don’t go with your normal items. At least mine never did. Love the idea though as long as you don’t HAVE to set a sentence date.

• Kirash Participant
      December 9, 2011 at 5:30 pm #17927

The problem comes in where you have multiple people in a cell.

I don’t really approve of this idea for reasons I’ll keep to myself.

• Quicksilver Participant
      December 14, 2011 at 11:26 pm #17959

The idea was good, the suggested format is bad. Make it a command much like jail, thereby making it so you have to be face-to-face with a person, and make a special locker storage room that has two entrances. One inside a clan base that can be walked into and out of regularly by clan members. And one that’s a one-time exit once a person has been released. They get assigned a locker, get a sentence, when the sentence is up, they get transed to the locker room with their released flag. A door program would have to open the released door and shut the clanbase access door. Have the release dump them on a pad on the planet. If they don’t get assigned a sentence via the sentence command, then whoever stays in jail for an indefinite amount of time. Not a perfect system, but one that can be monitored. Now good luck finding a coder and willing builders.

• Fishy Participant
      December 15, 2011 at 8:37 am #17966

Every previous attempt to automate the whole prisoner business has ended in frustration, tears, and widespread abuse.

• tweave Participant
      January 8, 2012 at 3:10 pm #18275

I think this is a damn good idea.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.