Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Secondary class
This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 14 years, 2 months ago by Kora.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Odan Participant
      March 12, 2010 at 11:00 pm #1379

So i was laying around last night watching Han Solo whoop some ass in ANH. I started to think to myself wow for a smuggler he is one badass combatant, Hell i know he is Han Solo and all but if you read EU this is more common that not. SO something came into my mind. It would be kinda cool to see a secondary class. Let’s say you pick a smuggler and you want to go out and sneak shit all around the world, but you don’t want to get your ass whooped by some Stormtrooper. In some when you are making a character thinking these things you have to think of races and their respective level stats. Well i don’t like that. SO i propose (just and idea dont fight me over it) When you pick a main class smuggler main for instance you can choose you secondary class to be combatant. What would this mean exactly? You’d have you 150 levels in smuggling and at least a 115-120 levels in combat regardless of race. Now! there will be a negative to this of course. If you were to pick combat as you secondary you are going to take large hits in all other classes giving you lower levels Espionage,Slicing, Leadership or whatever. Now this doesn’t just work with smugglers trying to become combatants. Think about a Pilot with the subclass of engineer much like anakin skywalker. Or a bher pilot? How about an espionage engineer. Now if you just want to take the normal levels and have an even balance in all classes (like some races give you) than you can can choose not to have a subclass. I don’t know just an idea i had, it seemed like a good way to bring dynamic characters to the mud but what do you think?

• Kirash Participant
      March 13, 2010 at 1:02 am #13516

This has been proposed before and it got shot down pretty quick then too iirc

• Walldo Keymaster
      March 13, 2010 at 8:27 am #13540

I think people have enough levels as it is. With the way race level bonuses are set up you can probably find a combo that will give you the 1-2 punch you want

• Odan Participant
      March 13, 2010 at 6:47 pm #13548

Easily you could find a combo, but is it going to be on the race you want? I’ll be honest i look at a races stats before i decide if im going to RP that race which i sure alot of people do. The reason this is upsetting is because it takes away from some creative character creation, Of course there are some people who still break the mold but we do tend to see alot of the same stuff.

• Kora Participant
      March 15, 2010 at 7:14 am #13597
      "Odan":264qdwn8 wrote:
      Easily you could find a combo, but is it going to be on the race you want? I’ll be honest i look at a races stats before i decide if im going to RP that race which i sure alot of people do. The reason this is upsetting is because it takes away from some creative character creation, Of course there are some people who still break the mold but we do tend to see alot of the same stuff.[/quote:264qdwn8]

Race stats are the way they are because that’s the way the race itself is supposed to be. If you aren’t able to get the levels you want with your selected race, chances are a member of that race shouldn’t be doing what you want them to. If you want a diplomat who knows how to handle a blaster, like Padme, don’t roll a Jawa. A Lorrdian would be better suited for that, both from a levels/stats point of view and from an RP one.

Characters who "break the mold", as you say, should be doing just that. They should be rare. If you want a character that can’t be made with the way levels currently are, then that’s what the application system is for. If your ideas are interesting enough, you might be able to convince the imms to give you levels.

Everything I’m saying has been said before, and it’ll be said again. But the problem you’re trying to fix isn’t a problem at all.

• Fishy Participant
      March 15, 2010 at 6:36 pm #13600
      "Kora":1lg0u8d1 wrote:
      If you want a diplomat who knows how to handle a blaster, like Padme, don’t roll a[/quote:1lg0u8d1]

Naboo.

Seriously, look at their stats? What about -30 combat and -1 str makes you think they’d be good as diplomats who can handle a blaster.

I suppose you could do a naboo combat main, which would be both shit as a combatant and diplomat, high enough in both to look encouraging, but still low enough to miss the main, purpose-giving skills of both.

• Kora Participant
      March 16, 2010 at 6:20 pm #13611
      "Fishy":jp6o1yx5 wrote:
      "Kora":jp6o1yx5 wrote:
      If you want a diplomat who knows how to handle a blaster, like Padme, don’t roll a[/quote:jp6o1yx5]

Naboo.

Seriously, look at their stats? What about -30 combat and -1 str makes you think they’d be good as diplomats who can handle a blaster.

I suppose you could do a naboo combat main, which would be both shit as a combatant and diplomat, high enough in both to look encouraging, but still low enough to miss the main, purpose-giving skills of both.[/quote:jp6o1yx5]

I argue that Padme was supposed to break the mold.. I was using her as an example because she was able to do both, not because she was the typical Naboo. Anyway, I think pretty much everybody can find at least [i:jp6o1yx5]some[/i:jp6o1yx5] racial stats that they disagree with, but my point stands. We don’t need to be able to get the exact level set we want with any race.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.