This topic has 34 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Ctheknight.
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
    • Ravaus Participant
      April 17, 2010 at 2:13 pm #14109

Lol I don’t see any point except an attempt to go
      OMFG IMMHAX

• Anastasius Member
      April 17, 2010 at 5:27 pm #14112

How did this go from a topic about a science skill to level science beyond 105 to cortosis and how imms cheat?
      Massive derailing… bad people bad!

• Fishy Participant
      April 17, 2010 at 9:43 pm #14127

How did it get here?

Need more science skills > Shouldn’t that be an engy skill? > Too many engy skills> Get rid of worthless engy skills > Imbue is a worthless engy skill > Imbue isn’t worthless, it’s just never used > It’s never used because it’s used for twinkery > The twinkery isn’t inherent, it’s due to immhax > LAWLOMFG ALL U DO IS ACCUZE US OF IMMHAX LOLOLOL!

Back to the sorta-topic. I can see getting rid of imbue and if cortosis is ever used, change it to being one of the sorts of durasteel that give different bonuses when you make stuff. Because it’s not around enough to justify having a skill to paint it on to things, but the idea of cortosis shouldn’t completely fade from existence.

The proposed know-essence skill should, in my opinion, be 100ish level science. Most engy types have that much science anyway or know someone who does.

• Kora Participant
      April 17, 2010 at 9:47 pm #14129

In response to the science vs. engineering debate, I’d say it’s engineering levels that allow a player to assemble items, but science levels that allow a player to control the quality of said item. A level 150 engineer who hasn’t even finished pondering yet is not going to make good items, so I don’t think the "engineers make it, they ought to be able to tell how good the materials are" argument holds much water. This makes sense as a science skill, if it’s going to be implemented at all.

• Ctheknight Member
      April 18, 2010 at 12:13 am #14135
      "Kora":2obf0acx wrote:
      In response to the science vs. engineering debate, I’d say it’s engineering levels that allow a player to assemble items, but science levels that allow a player to control the quality of said item. A level 150 engineer who hasn’t even finished pondering yet is not going to make good items, so I don’t think the "engineers make it, they ought to be able to tell how good the materials are" argument holds much water. This makes sense as a science skill, if it’s going to be implemented at all.[/quote:2obf0acx]

Show me an engineering major who takes no science and I’ll show you a school with a low ranked engineering program.

IE: I agree with Kora.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.