Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Science skill idea
This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 9 months ago by Alevious.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Alevious Participant
      July 16, 2012 at 12:37 pm #19569

Thinking about a new skill for the science class.  Maybe around level 110-130.  The skill could be called concoct, mix, or something to that effect.  It could be used to make chemicals for grenades or perhaps a poison for weapons.  The way I have in mind for it to work would require the player to have a full canteen, an empty canteen, and a chemical in their possession.  The type of chemical they end up with would be dependant on the liquid in the full canteen.  Each liquid could be given a value, like; Combustible, Toxic, Flammable, Poisonous, and so on.  Combustible would work like the normal chemicals to make grenades and their power could be based off you chemistry skill and the size of the empty canteen. Toxic would be used to make toxic grenades.  Flammable could make immolation grenades.  Poisonous would make poison to for the poison weapon skill.  I think this would fit the idea of a scientist mixing chemicals and give a little more life to the class.  I’m not sure if some of those things aren’t actually in the game, but I see them in help grenade.  Let’s see some feedback.

• Oteri Participant
      July 16, 2012 at 12:42 pm #19570

I think we should make our CURRENT science skills actually useful first.

• Xerakon Moderator
      July 16, 2012 at 1:23 pm #19571

Leadership skills!

• Baxtalo Participant
      July 16, 2012 at 1:34 pm #19572

I agree with Oteri that a lot of the already existing sciences could use some real applicable uses, but this concoct idea is pretty cool.

Edit: I am dumb, I missed the part where you diverged toxic/poisonous for two separate things.

• Alevious Participant
      July 20, 2012 at 8:10 am #19596

How about.. instead of just saying “Leadership skills!” or “Well there are other things that could be worked on” in my post about my ideas for classes or feats… you make your own damn post with your own damn ideas?  How about that?

You want leadership skills?? Well I don’t fucking control that.. Come up with some damn ideas of your own and post them up so people can see it in your own post.  Want science skills that currently don’t do anything to do something?  Fucking think of something and post it.  Just saying, Oh, “we should do this instead” isn’t helping shit.  It’s just fucking annoying.

• Walldo Keymaster
      July 20, 2012 at 4:20 pm #19599

The point of this subforum is to brainstorm new ideas, not prioritize and rank things on behalf of the coders.

This would be a project but I think it would be pretty cool to add another layer of crafting. I’m not too familiar with how something like this would work. Would there just be the regular chemicals you mix together>

• Alevious Participant
      July 20, 2012 at 4:54 pm #19602

I was thinking something along the lines of using liquids to determine what the end product would be.  The liquid could maybe be given a flag or something.. an identifier of some sorts that would just say ‘Flammable’ or ‘Explosive’ and if you have that liquid in a canteen that is in your inventory it would be consumed along with the canteen and give you the proper chemical.   An example could be that Whiskey would be flagged with ‘flammable’ and end up as an immolation type chemical or some such.

Of course, it would need to take more that just the liquid and a canteen, so maybe it takes a ‘basic’ chemical as well, like a tach gland or the kind you can buy, and an empty canteen.

• neven Participant
      July 20, 2012 at 5:39 pm #19606

Mixing chemicals sounds like a cool idea but I feel like if it gets implemented at all it should be a part of the combine skill. Obviously, chemical science will help increase effectiveness.

• Alevious Participant
      July 22, 2012 at 9:08 am #19618

The point would be to add a science skill, not change an engineering skill.

Science has a major gap in skills between lvl 30 and lvl 150.  It seems silly to try and argue that what could be a viable science skill to help fill that gap should be the new way a defunct engineering skill works.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.