Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Science Feat – Enlighten
This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 16 years, 5 months ago by Final_Fantasy_Lover.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Siradril Participant
      November 8, 2007 at 9:23 am #306

I won’t say much, I doubt it’d be accepted as well though, here it is;

Feat name = Enlighten
      Feat class = Science
      Feat level = Between 120 to 150 (you guys decide)

Idea of the feat, let’s you adept a skill that had already hit 95% or more.

Usage: Once per 24 hours.

Sounds strange, doesn’t it?

• Ranman Participant
      November 8, 2007 at 4:19 pm #2939

Sounds HORRIBLE.

I’m afraid if that was ever implemented, I’d have to shoot you…and not on the mud, either.

Think about the balance, the pointlessness of anyone ever having studied for hours, anyone needed to spend time actually mastering skills. Even if it was limited to only science, it would be far too unbalancing.

• Final_Fantasy_Lover Member
      November 14, 2007 at 12:47 pm #3126
      "Siradril":38fnm9m9 wrote:

Feat name = Enlighten
      Feat class = Science

Sounds strange, doesn’t it?[/quote:38fnm9m9]

This would be subject to far too much abuse. However…
      How about changing the feat to allow someone who has it to teach a skill up to the user’s ([skill in education + % in selected skill]2) for a max of 99%. This would allow master scientists (if the feat were at 150) to actually teach skills like say, the sciences, to their pupils better than the pupils would be able to research it, giving them an incentive to seek out a teacher and RP getting a lesson instead of just going to the library and researching.

• Final_Fantasy_Lover Member
      November 14, 2007 at 12:47 pm #3127
      "Siradril":1uzkdaq0 wrote:

Feat name = Enlighten
      Feat class = Science

Sounds strange, doesn’t it?[/quote:1uzkdaq0]

This would be subject to far too much abuse. However…
      How about changing the feat to allow someone who has it to teach a skill up to the user’s ([skill in education + % in selected skill]2) for a max of 99%. This would allow master scientists (if the feat were at 150) to actually teach skills like say, the sciences, to their pupils better than the pupils would be able to research it, giving them an incentive to seek out a teacher and RP getting a lesson instead of just going to the library and researching.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.