This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years, 8 months ago by KoolAidMan.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
    • Kora Participant
      August 24, 2009 at 8:18 am #1171

Has this been suggested before? Probably. But I couldn’t find it.

Anyway.

Players should be allowed to make their home accessible to other players, and this could work in a couple ways. There could be a "givekey" or "addresident" system that would would work almost exactly like the "addpilot" system, allowing a small number of approved players into your house without being dragged/invited in.

Another option (and one I’m more fond of) would be making a player’s home belong to their family, rather than just the player. If you’re married to Player A, and Player A buys a home, then it is your home too. Whether or not this prevents you from buying your own home doesn’t really matter to me.

Comments? Questions? Concerns?

• Onasaki Participant
      August 24, 2009 at 8:25 am #11053

Interesting. I like it.

• Johnson Participant
      August 24, 2009 at 1:46 pm #11054

Would be useful at times. Such as when you’re stuck in someone else’s multi-room house. I remember Alderaan had quite a few of those. While you’re at it, fix the ‘buzz’ system. From what I remember, it doesn’t let you use buzz unless you know the person’s actual name. Dubs don’t work for some reason. While it makes sense to only allow people into your house that -do- know your name, I recall hitting snags more than a few times because of it.

• Locksharp Participant
      August 24, 2009 at 5:28 pm #11061

buzz <person’s race>

>_>

It /does/ work.

• Gyndi Participant
      August 24, 2009 at 10:32 pm #11064

Either one of those would be just lovely. x_x

• Avanga Member
      August 24, 2009 at 10:42 pm #11065

Fond memories of Valens and I co-owning prime Coruscant real-estate, and neither of us wanting to leave for fear of one of us getting complete ownership of it.

I love the idea, it’d be a great help to the lil’ guys, the ones running unclanned crime circles or trying to start up a clan.

• Walldo Keymaster
      August 25, 2009 at 6:52 pm #11076

This would probably be super easy to add to structures but playerhomes would probably take a little bit of work to get this function in.

• Drel Member
      August 25, 2009 at 11:32 pm #11081
      "Walldo":17j7cx04 wrote:
      This would probably be super easy to add to structures but playerhomes would probably take a little bit of work to get this function in.[/quote:17j7cx04]
      …solution: make all multi-room houses into structures; one room houses are "one bedroom apartments" and thus don’t support roommates.
    • Anna Member
      August 26, 2009 at 12:16 am #11085

Sorry, no.

• KoolAidMan Participant
      August 26, 2009 at 11:00 pm #11100
      "Anna":35p3mnfl wrote:
      Sorry, no.[/quote:35p3mnfl]

Could you eleborate on why this wouldn’t be implemented?

• Avanga Member
      August 26, 2009 at 11:21 pm #11101

She’s the owner and she doesn’t want it.

• Anna Member
      August 26, 2009 at 11:40 pm #11102

I suppose I can elaborate, but the reason is the reason. We had the idea to add multiple entrances to a single large home a few years back. Some of you may recall the Coruscant mansions. The homes stood to serve as mini clan bases, with players segregating themselves from the rest of their clan, or forming their own pseduo clan base. I’m trying to discourage people from staying indoors too much, and making the home so easy and handy could work against my goal, [i:ao78pjfl]even if it’s not used in the way that I’m concerned about[/i:ao78pjfl]. The clan base exists for group gatherings. It’s got private places for people to plot stuff, but enemies can attack their way in and I like the element of balance in that.

To be perfectly honest, I’m not receptive to counterarguments. I see more problems than good, and with the workload before us, this is really not a critical feature anyway.

• Drel Member
      August 27, 2009 at 7:26 pm #11107
      "Anna":2xz8zn3w wrote:
      I suppose I can elaborate, but the reason is the reason. We had the idea to add multiple entrances to a single large home a few years back. Some of you may recall the Coruscant mansions. The homes stood to serve as mini clan bases, with players segregating themselves from the rest of their clan, or forming their own pseduo clan base. I’m trying to discourage people from staying indoors too much, and making the home so easy and handy could work against my goal, [i:2xz8zn3w]even if it’s not used in the way that I’m concerned about[/i:2xz8zn3w]. The clan base exists for group gatherings. It’s got private places for people to plot stuff, but enemies can attack their way in and I like the element of balance in that.

To be perfectly honest, I’m not receptive to counterarguments. I see more problems than good, and with the workload before us, this is really not a critical feature anyway.[/quote:2xz8zn3w]
      Since I’m saying this is a compromise, not an actual argument, my conscience is clear: limit it to the number of "hotel" flags in the house, and make them quasi-permanent (as permanent as the house ownerships themselves are, at the least).

• KoolAidMan Participant
      August 27, 2009 at 11:07 pm #11109
      "Anna":3bwtdt7q wrote:
      I suppose I can elaborate, but the reason is the reason. We had the idea to add multiple entrances to a single large home a few years back. Some of you may recall the Coruscant mansions. The homes stood to serve as mini clan bases, with players segregating themselves from the rest of their clan, or forming their own pseduo clan base. I’m trying to discourage people from staying indoors too much, and making the home so easy and handy could work against my goal, [i:3bwtdt7q]even if it’s not used in the way that I’m concerned about[/i:3bwtdt7q]. The clan base exists for group gatherings. It’s got private places for people to plot stuff, but enemies can attack their way in and I like the element of balance in that.

To be perfectly honest, I’m not receptive to counterarguments. I see more problems than good, and with the workload before us, this is really not a critical feature anyway.[/quote:3bwtdt7q]

Thank you for the answer Anna, That’s all I ask for.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.