Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Rolling Throw Away Newbies
This topic has 6 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 13 years, 1 month ago by Zeromus.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Anna Member
      November 20, 2010 at 3:24 am #1605

I don’t even know where to begin with this. My suggestion is to say that if a player is found to be rolling characters for the sole function of scouting enemy planets, then they should lose the privilege to roll their own characters.

Or maybe force them to be interviewed by the RPC prior to starting the game. -Maybe we should already be doing that for anyone who rolls in using known proxies WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Maybe clans should be given a special kind of imm-created over armor which makes them invisible to other players who are under level 25.

Maybe all newbies should be restricted (with code support) to a designated neutral newbie planet until they make it to level 25. (level 50?)

Just throwing a few things out there. None of my ideas totally solve the problem, but they will make it harder for people to do it. Anyone who is motivated enough is going to defeat any system that we establish, but at least we can make it so it’s a pain in the ass to exploit the newbie system. Please feel free to put in your 2 cents about this.

• Inactive
      November 20, 2010 at 3:34 am #16176

That said, I tried to connect to the game once using Mudgamers.com when I couldn’t get a regular client, and it wouldn’t let me. So.. maybe you could put fmud on your website or something, so it logs IPs..?

• Anastasius Member
      November 20, 2010 at 5:19 am #16178

Why not handle it on a case by case basis. Like we do with almost everything else. As compel has pointed out to me there is a report command to report a player. Toss up an assist they get responded quickly too as of late. So and so seems to be rolling level 1 chars to scout this shit. Automated systems will just allow people to defeat it. Punish them.

• Avanga Member
      November 20, 2010 at 6:04 am #16183

You can add as many coded fail-safes to solve a problem as you like, the people breaking the rules will come up with new ways around it. Don’t waste time and effort on something that’s going to hinder the vast majority just to deal with one or two idiots. Just deal with the idiots as they come.

• Andvari Participant
      April 2, 2011 at 2:56 pm #16896

I would like to see this taken care of for once.

• Fishy Participant
      April 3, 2011 at 5:05 am #16897

[b:1fc4x5ao]Actually enforcing the rules[/b:1fc4x5ao] will solve problems 1000% percent better than heavy handed coded implementations that just inconvenience people.

• Zeromus Participant
      April 3, 2011 at 7:18 am #16898

that would require PR to actually be around though

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.