Legends of the Jedi Forums Share Yo’ Scripts Research and Engineering Automator
This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 11 months ago by null.Breach.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • ccubed Participant
      April 27, 2013 at 11:43 pm #21767

Just two scripts I use. One is a research script. Add things to it, it’ll research them until they’re done to max.

Second script is something I cooked up for engineering commands. There are all kinds of scripts for Armor Making, Ship Building and other time intensive engineering commands, but not something to make making 20 canteens to use on medkits any easier. So that’s what this does. It allows you to put in a command, along with color codes, and automate the process of making the things. It’ll automatically stop once it runs out of resources to make the item. I’m planning on fixing this one up a bit and making it more complicated, so that you can have it make something to end and then start making something else. IE: So that I could have 40 durasteel in my inventory, have it make 20 canteens and then 20 medkits.

Use em if you want. Also my github separates them into plugins and the code. Code is in Lua, XML plugin files are in plugins.

https://github.com/ccubed/Mushclient_Plugins

• Johnson Participant
      April 28, 2013 at 12:47 am #21768

Just skimming over your plugins the second one looks neat. Usually for that type of engineering stuff I just use ordinary triggers in mush since it usually only requires 1 success trigger and 1 failure trigger to get the job done. It looks like the research plugin would need a lot more fail message added, since there’s so many different messages for researching different skills, but otherwise it looks great!

• ccubed Participant
      April 29, 2013 at 2:17 am #21783

The research script I wrote for myself so not a lot of error checking there.

The engineering script though, well, I just updated it. Now it uses a command stack model. You add commands to the queue and tell the script how many times to execute them and it’ll go through them. This can be useful in several ways. First, in my example. I can make my command stack look like:
      1. Makecanteen MedCan – 20 times
      2. Makemedpac MedPack – 20 times

So I can have 40 durasteel in my inventory and not have to worry about running through it all for canteens. Another example would be something I saw someone doing on the mush a day ago. He was buying the materials from the vendor then crafting and then repeating. So I modeled it after being able to lump all the materials in your inventory, fill up your command stack and go. So for instance you could do:

1. buy #2 0
      2. buy #3 0
      3. makecircuit circuit 0

In my system 0 or 1 just means do once. Or even something as complicated as:

1. Makecircuit Circuit 20
      2. Makeflashlight Flashlight 10
      3. Makedatapad Datapad 5
      4. Makeblaster Blaster 5

Fun and efficient. Anyways, it’s on the github.

• null.Breach Participant
      June 6, 2013 at 11:29 am #22003

Thought I’d give the making items continuously a try, but I can’t get it to open up in the webpage. Any other place I could give it a shot?

• null.Breach Participant
      June 6, 2013 at 1:17 pm #22005

Nevermind. I guess my internet was just being dumb.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.