Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Ralen's August Update Discussion
This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 8 months ago by veska.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Andvari Participant
      August 26, 2013 at 3:35 am #22203

Discuss the recent patch on this thread.  Report any bugs, issues, positive comments, or generalized bitching here.

RE: Called NPCs and blocking:  A PC’s block will still cancel out an NPC’s block (in theory, I haven’t tested it yet) resulting in the cornered player still being screwed.  We might want to look into making it so one party’s block doesn’t prevent another blocking party from being shoved.

• Kirash Participant
      August 26, 2013 at 10:50 am #22204

Not a huge fan of the circle change, but at least they upped vibroblade damage. Also, the whole “Waah waah can’t refresh endurance and losing a measly 400hp” unnecessary whinefest has finally been answered.

I do approve of how soldiers can be shoved now. I always hated that. Now if they’d just lower the armor class and defenses of message drones, that’d be great. Also, the doashims on Ryloth block you in and cannot be shoved. Is this intended, or will this be fixed as well?

• Corey Participant
      August 26, 2013 at 11:57 am #22205

I haven’t fully checked this, so its more of a question. Did the raise of vibroblade damage nuke forcepike damage, thus basically just causing another problem that’ll need to be fixed again later on when everyone stops using forcepikes in favor of vibroblades?

Not being perma blocked by NPC called mobs is a win for the game. This was something players openly abused like mad and I’m glad to see it go.

I’m not against it, but I’m not sure I understand why vibroblades have to be used for circle.

The SUBMIT lag sounds like something that should have been there for quite some time and I’m glad to see it.

The SHOVE lag on the person getting shoved sounds like something that’ll turn fights into shoving matches and will promote gank squads even more to drop the person before they can shove you and be quite a distance off before your wait tick rolls over.

Being able to refresh endurance will be nice.

Fortify clears when moved which is the correct thing based on the description, however, did the AC issue with fortify get fixed? Because who cares if the nitpicky part of the feat works, if the bulk of the feat is still broken. I could have missed the fix on it a while back though.

• Flek Participant
      August 26, 2013 at 6:00 pm #22206

PvP Combat:

-VIBROBLADE damage has been increased back up to workable levels.

(All for this, I hope its enough to put them back up to competitive levels with blasters. I have always been of the mind they should out damage blasters since they are melee and blasters are range.)

-Player shield messages in combat now show up in &C.

(Alright I guess, I already set my own color for this ill turn that off and see now)

-Colour/italic bleed after the “BLEEDING!” message fixed.

(Sweet jesus thank you.)

-BOWCASTERS no longer ignore player shields. Instead, they now have a

1-in-10 chance to be deflected off as normal; otherwise they will punch

through the shield and spread damage between the shield’s remaining charge

and the player.

(With the attack per round not sure how bad this was but I never used them extensively)

-The CIRCLE skill now requires vibro-blades, not forcepikes.

(Not sure this was needed but I guess it really locks down circle to bh mains with vib mastery and all)

-SUBMIT now has a wait state to prevent abuse after using the command.

(Oh god thank you)

-SHOVE now has a wait state to the person being shoved.

(Yeah, cant tell you how many times I have shoved people away then I get lag only to have them run back in and reblock the room)

-The FORTIFY feat now correctly clears when a player leaves a room.

(But what about the ac bug?)

-The ENDURANCE feat can now be refreshed, similar to the limber skill.

(No more anti blackjack feat unless they just let the timer run down of course)

Force:

-Parried blaster bolt damage cap lowered from 600 to 525 to prevent

overboosted damage being done with repeaters.

(Can we go lower? Maybe 300)

-Ghosts no longer show up as lifesigns on ships.

(Fan of this, Wish you would add mask too. A masked forcer not showing up either)

-DISPEL FORCE no longer returns crazy @@@ emotes.

(Never saw these but did not see much forcer vs forcer combat)

Droids/Called NPCs:

-Player Droids no longer show as ‘Naked!’

(RIP naked droid)

-Player Droids are no longer counted as ‘lifesigns’ in ships.

(Awesome)

-Message Drones are now actually ‘droids’, rather than Alderaanian females.

(Now for stats as someone said they are still redicules and many a newbie gets locked in perpetual combat with one)

-Called soldiers can now be targetted by race and ‘soldier’ rather than

obscure keywords.

(Love this.)

-Called NPCs can now be shoved, preventing an exploit with the ‘block’

command.

(Is this limited to called npc’s only. What about the mobs on Kashyyyk and Ryloth made to block you in? Can they be shoved now, should they be shoved?)

In-game channels:

-The LORRDIAN lang no longer shows up to other races on holotransmitters.

(always made me giggle, should also make it so Lorrdians cant use it in emote and so they cant use it to activate voice progs.)

All in all bad ass mate.

• Kirash Participant
      August 27, 2013 at 2:13 am #22207

“-The ENDURANCE feat can now be refreshed, similar to the limber skill.
      (No more anti blackjack feat unless they just let the timer run down of course)”

Nope. It’ll just wind up going back to “rem hp clothing;wear hp clothing” blackjack repellent. Really dumb imo that you can drop 25hp and instantly be magically immune to blackjacks. I’ve tooted my horn on this flawed tactic to “fix” chain blackjacking, but this isn’t the place for it.

• veska Participant
      August 28, 2013 at 11:40 am #22210

That’s a really good point Kirash. It should definitely be looking for ‘real’ damage, not comparing the current HP to max HP.

I think these changes are awesome 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.