Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Racial Abilities Brainstorming
This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 2 months ago by Kirash.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Kirash Participant
      February 6, 2015 at 5:43 pm #24618

So, I’m pretty sure there was a necro post somewhere about racial abilities, but I can’t seem to find it for the life of me. Oh well. This is just a forum for people to discuss what racial abilities, if any, could be added to the races we currently have. For now, we have:

Wookiee – Cold Resistance
      Hutt – Force Insensitive, Switchgender, Force Immunity
      Mon Cal – Waterbreathing
      Aqualish – Waterbreathing
      Gamorrean – 3 word limit, Force Insensitive
      Jawa – Darkvision
      Barabel – Darkvision, Stun Resist
      Khommite – Cloning Expertise
      Firrerreo – Force Affinity
      Sullustan – Darkvision
      Falleen – Waterbreathing, Switchskincolor
      Defel – Force Insensitive, Darkvision, Camouflage
      Whiphid – 3 word limit, Force Insensitive, Cold Immunity, Fast Recover from Stun
      Quarren – Waterbreathing
      Toydarian – Float, Force Insensitive, Force Immunity
      Miraluka – Force Affinity, Immune to Blind
      Abyssin – Lowered blaster effectiveness
      Arkanian – Cloning Expertise
      Balosar – Antenna retract/extend
      Chagrian – Force Affinity, Waterbreathing
      Echani – +1 Attack per round
      Gand – Darkvision, forced rebreather
      Geonosian – Float
      Kel Dor – Force Affinity, forced rebreather
      Nautolan – Waterbreathing
      Noghri – Force Insensitive
      Talz – Darkvision, Cold Immune
      T’Surr – Darkvision
      Ubese – Forced rebreather
      Vurk – Waterbreathing
      Dashade – Force Resistance
      Kaminoan – Cloning Expertise
      Mandalorian – Regeneration, Force Insensitive
      Draethos – Darkvision
      Givin – Darkvision
      Feeorin – Darkvision
      Gungan – Waterbreathing
      Mirialan – Force Affinity
      Astromech – Droid, Force Insensitive
      Kaleesh – Darkvision
      Cathar – Regeneration

What ideas do you have for racial abilities for those that don’t have them? What would you add, change, or remove from those that do have them?

My ideas:

All races that are limited to their native tongue (Astromechs, Jawas, Wookiees, Geonosians, Talz, and Gamorreans. I think I’m missing one or two) should have that listed as well.

Alderaanians – Language Expert: Masters of diplomacy, they get one extra language to learn. Stacks with diplo feats.

• frumpalumpaguss Participant
      February 6, 2015 at 11:44 pm #24620

I’d like to see something with Givins and quick-learner. They’re technically geniuses. Maybe Jawas get salesman, or some form of that since they like to barter/haggle? Mon-Cal get some sort of ship-building bonus, similar to how Wookiees get their bonus to makebowcasters. Maybe Duros get a navigation perk? If I think of more, I’ll add em.

• Kirash Participant
      February 13, 2015 at 11:05 am #24624

Balosar: Poison Immunity – Balosar are immune to poison effects, negative effects of spice, and the Dark Side skill Affliction.

Jawa: Coward’s Intuition – Jawas have an easier time fleeing from combat and slipping from restraints and grabs due to their cowardly nature and short stature.

Corellian: Uncanny Luck – Corellians have a higher than average chance to dodge in space and ground combat.
      Smuggler’s Run – Corellians have a small chance to land near instantly when landing fighters, transports, and freighters.

• Kirash Participant
      February 13, 2015 at 1:11 pm #24627

Bothan: Infiltration Experts – Bothans have a reduced chance to set off security alarms in bases and through skills that interact with the [Security] flag.

• veric Participant
      February 13, 2015 at 3:33 pm #24628

need to be very careful with combat related perks or you just end up getting a lot of corellians who roll for that bonus + reflexes feat… alternatively there needs to be a counter balance. a draw back for every perk.

I think the focus should be on the less played races to promote seeing more of those.

• Xavious Participant
      February 13, 2015 at 5:09 pm #24629

I like a lot of these ideas and I think they would definitely add more depth to the game.

I’ve always wondered if float has any mechanical bonus in the game. I think it would be a lot more interesting if the two races who can actually use this ability could just have full out flight, like a racial jetpack, since float is essentially useless other than it saying “<character> is floating”

At the very least float should negate mines, which it doesn’t. I tested it out last TL.

• Kirash Participant
      February 13, 2015 at 7:04 pm #24630

I personally feel that there should be benefits to all races, not just ones here or there. That is why I posted this. In any case, there is always a balance issue with regards to skills, feats, and bonuses. That will never go away. I don’t feel that a slightly better chance to dodge/shipdodge is especially game breaking.

Gand: Compound Eyes – Better chance to see hiding players whether or not they are wearing goggles. (Alternatively, slightly better chance to hit with all blaster weapons.)

Edit: I agree that the racial float should negate mines. I don’t think jetpacks should be allowed to be used in ships save for the hatch room (getting into a hovering ship). It’s a little ridiculous to be flying around your ship in a jetpack (not to mention pretty dangerous). Now using a jetpack in an open outside area should also negate mines. Personally, I feel jetpacks should function the same as using the fly command. If you can’t fly a hovering ship there, you can’t fly a jetpack there. That’s a debate for another topic though.

• Kirash Participant
      February 15, 2015 at 8:26 am #24676

Bumping to get Walldo’s attention…or someone other than me who has ideas about this.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.