Legends of the Jedi Forums Off-Topic Quote speech.
This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Zeromus.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    • Zakattack Participant
      May 7, 2013 at 9:12 am #21862

Hey guys I need a quote for a speech class and I’m trying to think of a good Star Wars one that I can actually do a 2-4 min speech on. Any suggestions?

• Zeromus Participant
      May 7, 2013 at 11:52 am #21863

any chewbacca quote, really

• Altrez Participant
      May 7, 2013 at 1:13 pm #21864

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076759/quotes

http://www.yodaquotes.net/page/2/

“Ready are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained. A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away… to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless.”

or mebbe

Governor Tarkin: The Imperial Senate will no longer be of any concern to us. I have just received word that the Emperor has dissolved the council permanently. The last remnants of the Old Republic have been swept away forever.

General Tagge: But that’s impossible! How will the Emperor maintain control without the bureaucracy?

Governor Tarkin: The regional governors now have direct control over their territories. Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of this battle station.

• Merrycheeza Participant
      May 7, 2013 at 1:37 pm #21865

C-3PO: Listen to them, they’re dying R2! Curse my metal body, I wasn’t fast enough, it’s all my fault! My poor Master.

• brendo Participant
      May 7, 2013 at 1:56 pm #21866

I would actually say to find some Vergere dialogue with Jacen Solo.

Listen well. Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask is a trick. You will find no truth in me. Though you believe nothing else, you may rest your faith on this.

A right that is given is as useless as a virtue that is given. Rights are used, or they have no value, just as virtues must be performed.

Light and dark are no more than nomenclature: words that describe how little we understand. What you call the dark side is the raw, unrestrained Force itself: you call the dark side what you find when you give yourself over wholly to the Force. To be a Jedi is to control your passion…but Jedi control limits your power. Greatness—true greatness of any kind—requires the surrender of control. Passion that is guided, not walled away. Leave your limits behind.

Perhaps a Traya quote:

Know that much may happen here, but above all, do not forget this—you may trust in me. We cradle each other’s lives, and what threatens one of us, threatens us both. And if you find you cannot trust me, trust in your training. Trust in yourself. Never doubt what you have done. All your decisions have brought you to this point.

Vergere is really my favorite, though.

• Zeromus Participant
      May 7, 2013 at 1:57 pm #21867

I would 100% caution against using a quote from a character nobody but EU nerds are familiar with

• Kirash Participant
      May 7, 2013 at 3:07 pm #21869

“He’s as clumsy as he is stupid.”

• Zakattack Participant
      May 7, 2013 at 3:09 pm #21870

Thank you altrez for that website. I’m going with “Remember, a Jedi’s strength flows from the Force, But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.” -Yoda

EDIT: Removed my double post.

• brendo Participant
      May 7, 2013 at 3:09 pm #21871

That said, Zeromus.. Vergere has the best quotes in the SW universe. Some that are legitimately awesome, regardless of their source.

• Zeromus Participant
      May 7, 2013 at 5:23 pm #21872

That said, Brendo, if you’re giving a speech you don’t want to obscure the entire meaning by having your entire audience glancing at eachother and whispering “who?” because they stop listening to you.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.