Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Player developments
Tagged: 
This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Leoninus.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Gyndi Participant
      March 12, 2013 at 10:02 pm #21287

On my long drive home from work this evening, I was very bored and on the verge of falling asleep, so I started thinking about LotJ stuff.

I know that the subject of single player development has been talked about somewhat recently on OOC (It might not be really recent but whatever), and I looked back about 10 pages here on the forum and didn’t see anything so, here goes: I would like to see developments go from a clan-only to clan and single character.

It wouldn’t really be completely single character per se because you’d have to have other people helping you with the RP. I’d also like to see some new additions to the develop command which would allow you to include people in the developing process code-wise and some mechanic changes.

develop lead (would set you as the owner of the development, and withdraw 1,000,000 credits from your bank account as a start up fee, and you'd be locked in until you make a breakthrough. if name was inserted, that person would be the leader of the group)

develop list (this would show who is added to the project)

develop add person1,person2,person3,etc. (would function like formclan, you would have to have at the very least one person added before develop would work)

develop remove person1,person2,person3,etc. (would function like formclan, but in reverse)

develop rights (shows you the things you own the rights to and their serial number)

develop rights transfer clan (would let you transfer your rights to a clan)

develop order (would let you order a predefined amount for a predefined amount of credits. This would have a 7 day cool-down period)

People added to the group of developers would have the credit cost for using the develop skill subtracted from their ‘first’ bank account, until the funds are lowered below 50,000.

In order to keep people from just developing over and over, you would only be allowed x developments in your posession at any time (this number could be less or more, which would be up to the imms to decide).

Whoever happens to lead a group is given the ‘rights’ (think copyright, trademark, whatever. if the leader is greedy, he could keep all the spoils to himself and get put in the middle of a circle of bounty hunters, or he could be cool and split up whatever credits he makes from the project) to the object being developed once there has been a breakthrough.

Each person would be able to see what they have the rights to by typing develop rights.

Once all the technical stuff is done, you have your product rights. Now it’s time to decide what you want to do with it: you can keep it and use the develop order command and get some of your stuff to sell/use however you want, give it to the immortals to put in the game somewhere at an NPC vendor for a lump sum, or you can sell the rights to a clan using develop transfer for a lump sum.

If you all have constructive stuff to say/add, feel free. I just figured I’d put this here in case anyone else has ideas for it.

• Leoninus Participant
      March 14, 2013 at 5:53 am #21297

I like it.  Give those who want to “go into business” for themselves an extra facet to their lone wolf character.

• Hashi Participant
      March 14, 2013 at 10:27 am #21299

While I would love for this to be implemented, I would worry that it would tend to draw people away from clans and maybe also just result in a ton of unfinished developments.  Not sure if the second part really matters.

• Gyndi Participant
      March 14, 2013 at 9:02 pm #21309

It wouldnt necessarily take away from clans, you could still be in a clan and have people outside of the clan that you know working on personal projects with you.

• Leoninus Participant
      March 15, 2013 at 5:05 am #21314

There’d obviously be clan development that people can’t do on their own, the big things like ship design, grav wells, so on.  But you can develop a new type of material, or cybernetic, easily enough while not being affiliated.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.