Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat OOC or not?
This topic has 5 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years, 3 months ago by Quicksilver.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Raato Participant
      December 13, 2011 at 6:09 am #1784

What’s OOC to you?

• Faern Participant
      December 13, 2011 at 8:09 am #17937

LOTJ is a social game, like all MuDs. That’s why I play it, to be social. OOC is a big part of being social because it allows me to talk about things that AREN’T star warsy. I also personally think that if there was no OOC outlet, the IC channels would have to be retooled and moderated even more, because that’s where everyone would be. My two cents.

• Elithis Member
      December 15, 2011 at 1:45 am #17961

While I honestly don’t care if the OOC channel was there or not I know many people do. It is amusing to watch the conversations, and occasionally participate. However, I’m here to RP. As long as you give me an outlet to RP in then I’ll be fine.

• Avanga Member
      December 15, 2011 at 1:53 am #17962

I think people are letting OOC figure too much into the MUD. There are too many individuals out there trying to bring OOC problems into the game.

• Fishy Participant
      December 15, 2011 at 8:31 am #17964
      "Avanga":ply1ev2j wrote:
      I think people are letting OOC figure too much into the MUD. There are too many individuals out there trying to bring OOC problems into the game.[/quote:ply1ev2j]

The solution to that is not "take away the OOC channel". The solution to that is "vote for semi-competent RPC/pray the staff suddenly become semi-comptent and actually crack down on that shit instead of silencing people for weeks for saying fuck you".

• Quicksilver Participant
      January 3, 2012 at 1:54 pm #18204

I’d say here-here, but it’s really hard to find out if/when people are bringing ooc shit IC, particularly as a member of the RPC. If there’s ample evidence of it, the most we can do as an rpc is to silence someone, which isn’t even really that much of a punishment. Yell at the PR staff. Yes, I’m blaming them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.