Legends of the Jedi Forums The Next Timeline New TL: Framing the storyline
This topic has 36 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 9 months ago by KRESKZZORZ.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
    • Walldo Keymaster
      July 10, 2015 at 4:57 am #25541

Consider this a first draft/outline background and plot of the new timeline. It’s super malleable so try to think big picture: what do you like? what don’t you like? How can we build on it?

– – – – – – – – – –
      For millennia, the stalwart GALACTIC REPUBLIC has defended the galaxy. It has
      overseen 65 years of peace since the defeat of the SITH EMPIRE at the BATTLE OF
      LORRD. Since that decisive day, the Republics biggest threats have been
      pirates, wayward warlords and political intrigue.

Beyond Republic territory, the TRADE FEDERATION has turned rebuilding the
      former Sith territories into a roaring business. Under their corporatocracy,
      planets ravaged by the horrors of war have been able to bounce back faster than
      anyone expected.

Public opinion began to shift against the JEDI ORDER during the war, with many
      people blaming the war on all those adept in the Force. After many of their
      bravest warriors were wiped out in the war, the JEDI KNIGHTS are now dominated
      by philosophers and consulars more content to ponder their place in the galaxy
      and letting the Republic secure the peace.

• Sarac Participant
      July 10, 2015 at 6:15 am #25542

Didn’t we only just do Trade Federation last TL? I was part of the team who developed the Lucrehulk

• Kirash Participant
      July 10, 2015 at 9:59 am #25543

They did Trade Fed this timeline too. They became part of the rebels. This Trade Fed will be more like the prequel Trade Fed instead of “Hey I’m Trade Fed in name only!”

• StormRyder Participant
      July 10, 2015 at 10:30 am #25544

Sounds fun. Leaves room for minor groups to gain footholds and create their own niches.

• Sarac Participant
      July 10, 2015 at 10:39 am #25545

the one I was involved in was like the prequel trade fed

• Seryb Participant
      July 10, 2015 at 11:25 am #25546

I’m sure whoever does this Trade Fed will try to make it unique.

• Kirash Participant
      July 10, 2015 at 3:29 pm #25547

I liked the concept of the Trade Federation, but I think they could have been fleshed out in the movies better than just some other group who got entwined with the Sith and died at the end.

• KoolAidMan Participant
      July 10, 2015 at 6:14 pm #25549

Can we get a little on some of the minors and anything elwse that might start out the tl. Even a sentence or two? I know they aren’t the focus, but I’d like for the to not be left out.

• rakun Participant
      July 10, 2015 at 6:29 pm #25550

Sounds good to me. Hopefully both clans end up being good.

• Seryb Participant
      July 10, 2015 at 6:57 pm #25551

Yeah I’m interested to know if there will be any minors outside of an engi clan to start.

• saria Participant
      July 10, 2015 at 7:27 pm #25552

I would say it sounds like it leaves a little wiggle room when it comes to the minors. We would almost need a few engineering clans for competition to crush.

• Paco Participant
      July 11, 2015 at 12:27 am #25555

I like it. Definitely interested to see the dynamics of minor/engy clans with the majors. It’d be cool to see a couple planets inbetween the two major sectors that are leaning both ways and will ultimately join one side or the other. Some political conflict, campaigning, etc!

• Walldo Keymaster
      July 11, 2015 at 3:57 am #25556

There will be a few non-engineering clan minor clans as well as a few player-driven roleplay areas but the focus is definitely going to be on the major clans and what happens there.

• Kirash Participant
      July 11, 2015 at 10:21 am #25557

There will be a few non-engineering clan minor clans as well as a few player-driven roleplay areas but the focus is definitely going to be on the major clans and what happens there.

This is a good thing. While it is interesting to have the focus shift to minor clans building up to something bigger, it is something better off done conservatively. This past era was interesting to say the least.

• Walldo Keymaster
      July 11, 2015 at 6:04 pm #25558

So lets try something new! To help flesh out the storyline, post questions in this thread, I’ll give answers, and we will work those answers into “lotj canon” of the new storyline.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
The forum ‘The Next Timeline’ is closed to new topics and replies.