Legends of the Jedi Forums The Next Timeline New TL: Framing the storyline
This topic has 36 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 9 months ago by KRESKZZORZ.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
    • Oteri Participant
      July 11, 2015 at 6:12 pm #25559

Question 1: Can I play Umbaran yet?

Question 2: Why not?

• Zeromus Participant
      July 11, 2015 at 7:01 pm #25560

Can we get a definitive list of what planets are in?

• veric Participant
      July 11, 2015 at 7:48 pm #25561

maybe a list the new app only and free races? That may help flesh out some interesting storylines or at least let people plan accordingly

• Seryb Participant
      July 11, 2015 at 10:00 pm #25562

What happened on the Battle of Lorrd?
      Are the sith believed to be vanquished completely or are they known to have fled to the depths of space?
      Are the jedi being encouraged to go full recluse or will they be passive but visible still?
      With the Trade Fed rebuilding former sith worlds were they ever believed to have been allied?

Answers to those four would help give people stuff to RP with/add/subtract etc.

• Baxtalo Participant
      July 12, 2015 at 1:46 am #25563

When you’re talking pirates and wayward warlords, are those just background or actual things we can expect?

How many worlds will be neutral ground at the beginning of the TL for things happening “outside the law” to occur?

• Seryb Participant
      July 12, 2015 at 7:21 pm #25566

Already trying to be a criminal I see.

• rakun Participant
      July 13, 2015 at 2:09 pm #25567

Depends on what goes on, I guess.

Will there be many neutral planets or about the same as this and last TL?

• Seryb Participant
      July 13, 2015 at 2:30 pm #25568

Also will we start with a full compliment of planets or a smaller galaxy with more being opened soon after the era starts?

• Baxtalo Participant
      July 13, 2015 at 6:16 pm #25569

moar planets, please

• Paco Participant
      July 14, 2015 at 1:41 am #25570

We’re going to see some new planets! (I believe!)

• StormRyder Participant
      July 14, 2015 at 11:11 am #25571

Maybe not new but a rotation of a different set, which is fine by me. I’m more interested in the layout and placement.

I’m also interested in what minor clans will fill out the galaxy and what feel we will have for the beginning.

• illyduss Participant
      July 14, 2015 at 9:06 pm #25572

How will the Trade Federation actually work? Will it be several small clans working together like a metal smith clan, an electronics clan, a welders clan, ect like it is in the books or will it be just considered one giant clan. Also how soon into the madness between the Republic and the Trade Federation will we be? Like right before the clone wars or will the Trade Federation have time to be all like, “No we love the Republic.” while they start building tons of deadly droids?

• Capnknives Participant
      July 14, 2015 at 10:07 pm #25573

What happened with the defeat on Lorrd, will we get a bit more detailed explanation of how they were eventually defeated and the republic rose to power again?

• Corey Participant
      July 14, 2015 at 10:08 pm #25574

1) Any new races?
      2) Any races being moved up/down the price chart?
      3) Any races getting stat adjustments?
      4) What planets are going to be in?
      5) Any additional clan information beyond Republic and TF?

• Walldo Keymaster
      July 14, 2015 at 11:24 pm #25575

Question 1: Can I play Umbaran yet?

Nope, sorry

maybe a list the new app only and free races?

Races in general will largely be looking the way they are now.

Questions about planets, etc.

I don’t want to spoil any surprises but we are aiming to have at least one new planet in either on Day One or very close to it. We have a second planet we are working on that should be added later in the era.

Ralen is also spearheading a pretty comprehensive overhaul of Coruscant to give it the robust, vibrant feel it deserves. Look forward to a lot of added content to the area that already exists.

In addition to the planets, we also have a few new spacestation options beyond last TL’s Shadowports that should bring some interesting roleplay and quest hubs for players.

>What happened on the Battle of Lorrd?

Good question! I am going to be doing a little fan-fiction writing tonight to flesh out the Republic/Sith war a bit more.

Are the sith believed to be vanquished completely or are they known to have fled to the depths of space?

Because, relatively speaking, we won’t be that far removed from the Sith Empire, I think it will be something like “they were wiped out, but we have to exercise constant vigilance.”

Are the jedi being encouraged to go full recluse or will they be passive but visible still?

From our Force discussion thread, we’re sticking to this: Our Jedi will be more along the lines of what was described in the Original Trilogy – mystics and scholars that don’t go around showing off their lightsabers to the galaxy. They are not the Republic’s enforcers.

With the Trade Fed rebuilding former sith worlds were they ever believed to have been allied?

This is a good one and something that could cause a lot of headaches for people early on! No, I don’t think most people will think of the Trade Federation as former Sith allies. We are going to work with the Trade Federation leader(ship) to flesh out their background and explain this.

When you’re talking pirates and wayward warlords, are those just background or actual things we can expect?

Definitely won’t just be background! We’ll have some pirate-type things and other bad guys around. We’ve been experimenting with new ways to use the pirate NPC code as well. And as always, there is always the option for players to break bad with their RP.

How many worlds will be neutral ground at the beginning of the TL for things happening “outside the law” to occur?

The galaxy will roughly be divided into thirds: 1/3 Republic, 1/3 Trade Federation, 1/3 neutral.

Also will we start with a full compliment of planets or a smaller galaxy with more being opened soon after the era starts?

It will be about the same size as the last two timelines.

How will the Trade Federation actually work? Will it be several small clans working together like a metal smith clan, an electronics clan, a welders clan, ect like it is in the books or will it be just considered one giant clan.

The Trade Federation will function as one clan.

Also how soon into the madness between the Republic and the Trade Federation will we be?

That really depends on the players, we can’t micromanage that sort of thing too well. We set the stage, and we have a vague idea of how long we want the storyline/era/etc. to progress, and we can help it along the way, but at the end of the day it comes down to how players interact with each other.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
The forum ‘The Next Timeline’ is closed to new topics and replies.