Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium New Races as Playable Characters
Tagged: 
This topic has 33 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 6 months ago by veric.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
    • Jinora Blocked
      August 6, 2015 at 11:53 am #26753

Add Zygerrians as slave traders

• Jsmith Participant
      August 7, 2015 at 2:15 pm #26760

I cannot tell you how much I want to play an Ewok Bounty Hunter… That was my first ever roleplaying experience in the Star Wars setting, and I rocked it, if I do say so, myself.

• Quicksilver Participant
      August 9, 2015 at 2:53 am #26770

No Ewoks. No Vong. You can do better than that.

• illyduss Participant
      August 11, 2015 at 3:41 am #26791

Missing Shistavanen

• StormRyder Participant
      August 11, 2015 at 11:07 am #26793

I see all these awesome race suggestions but no “points” as to why they should be added other than(or is that then) “just to have”

Adding a slew of of races to the already expansive list isn’t helpful when they are basically all the same thing with a few skin variations.

Any thoughts on new RP imersive races and their possible stat/class bonuses or specialties?

• Jinora Blocked
      August 11, 2015 at 11:19 am #26795

Alright since we have to state “points”, I’m gonna the Zygerian thing

-The could have a higher smuggling level because they are known to the galaxy as slavers
      -They should also be given more leniency when it comes to taking slaves
      -They look call with their sideburns
      -Slavers are fun to RP

• KRESKZZORZ Participant
      August 11, 2015 at 12:24 pm #26796

Umbarans could see in ultraviolet (below 300 nanometers)

What?

• Kirash Participant
      August 11, 2015 at 1:29 pm #26797

We had Shistavanen and Kushiban once. It was terrible.

• Jinora Blocked
      August 11, 2015 at 3:16 pm #26798

Shistavanen looks like a cool race

• Baxtalo Participant
      August 12, 2015 at 11:38 pm #26800

I’d like to throw my hat in for Herglic.

• Ralen Keymaster
      August 13, 2015 at 3:59 am #26801

The most heavily influential factor in determining new races is how prevalent they are in existing canon: IE, how recognizable they’d be to a new player with passing Star Wars knowledge.

So if any races we don’t have are currently featuring heavily in Star Wars: Rebels, trailers for the upcoming films or so forth, feel free to suggest them – but if you’re looking through a dusty old tome of a source book from the 90’s and see a race someone once scribbled down on a post-it note and think it would be a good idea, we obviously can’t reasonably promise implementation.

• Jinora Blocked
      August 13, 2015 at 11:38 am #26803

hmmm, a Lasat slave and a Zygerrian master…

• Kilojoules Participant
      October 10, 2015 at 1:41 pm #27101

While they (as far as I am aware) are not featured heavily within the trailers/rebels, Squib (a race I’ve suggested before) are supposedly recognized by main characters as fairly common among the galaxy’s various species. In the Jedi Handbook (some PDF I found; not sure of its legitimacy but it surprised me nonetheless) they were often-used for around-the-bush intelligence gathering by Jedi like Anakin & Ashoka, from what I can remember.

And, looking at the wookieepedia article I’m linking below, they’ve had a decent amount of coverage in the Expanded Universe works, achieving a really impressive amount of information. But, again, they’re not something a passing Star Wars fan might recognize, so I can understand the lack of desire to implement it!
      http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Squib

I would joke about and call them “tiny furry punching bags”, tbh.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.