Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium New Medical Skill: Examineroom
This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 11 months ago by Domovoi.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Domovoi Participant
      May 14, 2013 at 9:30 pm #21904

I think there is a distinct lack of ability to find out if someone was murdered ICly if you’re not in a clan and have the ability to run the roster and inductlog, even then, you can only know if they’re missing, not if they were murdered or suicided or when.

To that end, I propose a new skill: Examineroom. This skill allows a medical main to search a room for any evidence that a death occurred. Starting at just getting the result ‘someone died in this room’, the higher percentage you are in the skill + the forensics science (and probably more sciences get more results), you have a chance to determine who was killed, how long ago, and possibly who and/or what race did it. I suggest in a table similar to diagnose, along with the accompanying information. It could also be the “big” skill for medical, only researchable to 15% and requiring practice to adept.

Reasons I believe this is a good idea:
      You find out ICly who was killed and who did it without having to rely on witnesses or logs
      It gives a use to the forensics science
      Medical mains that can teach the skill to 97% would be in demand.

• Jaxx Participant
      May 14, 2013 at 9:34 pm #21905

Interesting. Would give both RP need for Medical main besides cloning and gives a better example.

Destruction knowledge would give proof died by weapons and chem for explosive/etc?

• frumpalumpaguss Participant
      May 14, 2013 at 11:27 pm #21906

I do like the examine room idea.  I think there was a forum post about this a couple years ago.  While I wouldn’t mind seeing this, I think the actually seeing who did it would be a bit OP.  Perhaps seeing a description of weapon, time the victim has been dead would be nice.  As you adept the skill you could possible see a race that killed the victim, but an outright “The Hamburgler killed Ronald” message would be way to OP.

• Baxtalo Participant
      May 15, 2013 at 11:54 am #21907

I was all for this idea until “it also tells you who/what race did it”. That is pretty overpowered and not realistic. Otherwise, that idea seems pretty interesting. But how long ago, by what means, and who seem reasonable. It gives purpose to the forensic science!

• frumpalumpaguss Participant
      May 16, 2013 at 8:37 am #21909

I agree Bax.  In no way should it give you who did it.  Maybe it could work like diagnose, where the higher level would let the skill give more details as to the murder.

• Domovoi Participant
      May 24, 2013 at 1:14 pm #21949

Yeah, I agree that the command is a little much. Just throwing ideas out.

Though it should possibly give you some clue as to who did it or else the only thing it would be useful for is figuring out who died where, which if it was done in a taxi, wouldn’t help at all because there’s no trail of clues.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.