Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium New medical feat
This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 2 months ago by stukar.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    • Seryb Participant
      January 26, 2014 at 10:38 am #23561

Expert Surgeon: Lvl 135

Basically the idea is for an expert surgeon to be able to remove old tech and install the new stuff. Characters always get cybers era 1 and then if they make it to era 3 could be left out of cool new developments.

I thought this could make it so you simply remove the old machinery during surgery

Other requirements could be having cyber adept, a new medical based coprocessor attached to a datapad in your inventory, and then the regular cyber stuff.

• Raato Participant
      January 26, 2014 at 11:00 am #23564

I’m here to repo your organs

• daevos Participant
      January 26, 2014 at 12:33 pm #23565

I would say it’s something that could replace cloning since no one seems to want it back in the game.

• Flek Participant
      January 26, 2014 at 2:08 pm #23566

I would definitely reenact REPO: The genetic Opera. I would RENT cybers and if they missed a payment, I would get my merchandise back.

• frumpalumpaguss Participant
      January 26, 2014 at 3:07 pm #23567

I would agree to this over cloning. F cloning.

• Kirash Participant
      January 26, 2014 at 3:09 pm #23568

Goes without saying that you would have to ensure that the stat and level changes reverted back to their pre-cyber levels if you remove cybernetics.

• Zeromus Participant
      January 26, 2014 at 10:07 pm #23570

The only way I’d be okay with removing and upgrading cybernetics:

A. There’d need to be a cap on how many you can have. Maybe four of various types, but not every single kind.
      B. There needs to be a penalty the more you have. Four is the max, but isn’t really possible unless you take a hit somewhere else.
      C. Cybernetics would also need to be able to break and require repair.

Being able to upgrade cybernetics is ridiculous in the first place but there’d need to be a lot of constraints placed on it.

• Seryb Participant
      January 27, 2014 at 1:51 am #23571

You guys definitely make some good points, I wasn’t thinking you would actually be able to keep the old cybernetic that was removed, more like it would be junked as the upgraded version went in. I’m just spitballing here, the real idea is to give the medical field something unique. Everyone seems to hate cloning, so there isn’t really a reason to be a medical main.

Other med feat suggestions are welcomed, or more critique/thought on this one.

• sky Participant
      February 19, 2014 at 9:16 pm #23666

I disagree with zero on this one, however I think it would be better, as seryb said about getting cybers in era 1, and better being released in era 3, an added command to the same skillset called replace_cyber or something to be able to supposedly ‘upgrade’ the cyber and gaining the additional stat and level bonus. At the same time, removing a cyber should be limited to those cybernetics that do no affect stats(example: Aqua Lungs, Bioplug, etc)

• Kirash Participant
      February 19, 2014 at 9:36 pm #23671

Too twinky, Sky. Adding on more bonuses at zero risk is something I will never support.

• stukar Participant
      February 20, 2014 at 4:21 pm #23673

No-one appears to be looking at the abusive possibility of just installing a cyber, leveling, removing it, re-installing cyber and leveling until you get stat gains.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.