This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    • Andvari Participant
      April 2, 2011 at 3:32 am #1656

RULES1
      The rules of Legends of the Jedi

(1) All player killing must comply with HELP PERM. (bannable)

(2) You may not share your characters or accounts or give them away to any
      other player. Players are restricted to one account. If two players wish to
      play from the same house, they must follow the steps outlines in HELP
      MULTIPLAY. (bannable)

(3) Your alts may not interact in any way, shape or form. They may not share
      ships, items, information, agendas, goals, ulterior motives or vendettas. They
      cannot be related without immortal permission. When in doubt, KEEP IT SIMPLE,
      STUPID! Err on the side of caution.

(4) If you are in a conflict, regardless of who instigated the fight, there is
      incentive to let the other person go. For two weeks, the player who was let go
      must curtail his revenge against the player who let him go unless he is
      provoked by that player.

(5) Rmote and emote may not force role play upon others and emoted says must be
      in quotations.

(6) It is illegal to log out, go link-dead or AFK while being attacked,
      arrested, or knowingly, and actively hunted or tracked by another player. You
      must wait 2 minutes after reaching a hotel or home to establish that you are no
      longer being pursued. If pursuers reach you before 2 minutes is up, the option
      to log out from that room is lost.

(7) Players/clans may not keep someone in jail without diligent effort to
      roleplay with the jailed. Please see HELP JAIL_GUIDELINES for more information.

(8) Slavery is permitted on LotJ so long as both parties agree on osay, but it
      must adhere to HELP SLAVERY. (bannable)

(9) Spying must adhere to the rules in HELP SPY. A rule of thumb regarding
      spying: If there is MUD code involved, you must have an approved spy-app. (Pk,
      inform, letting someone know a key code, withdrawing bank funds.) (bannable)

(10) You may not destroy ships on pads randomly or without cause. You may,
      however, attack certain ships if this would provide you with a strategic
      advantage, if you are engaged in battle with the ship owner, or if you are at
      war with the ship owner (clan or individual who is clanned).

RULES2
      (11) There are specific rules governing how capital ships are handled in regard
      to fake signaling and planet capturing. Please see HELP CAPITALRULES for the
      details.

(12) Roleplay with sexual or mature content may never include minor players.
      Sexual role play with a child character is also illegal, regardless of player
      age and consent. Imposing sexual or mature role play onto others is strictly
      illegal. Whether it’s a single suggestive comment or pose, a roleplayed rape
      scene (even the suggestion of it), or a derogatory sexual comment about another
      player, it is illegal. (bannable)

(13) Roleplay is conducted in english only. If you wish you RP in another
      language, then go find a game that supports it.

(14) Do not disrespect, insult, complain about, troll or harass other players,
      the RPC, or Immortals. Everyone is here for the enjoyment of the game. If you
      disrupt that enjoyment with insults your channel privileges will be revoked.
      (bannable)

(15) No leetspeak on LotJ! We hate it.

(16) If you bring a problem or concern to an Immortal you may not go to another
      Immortal for the same problem unless instructed to do so.

(17) If you think someone broke the rules, speak to an Immortal or admin
      privately. Complaining to other players, either over OOC channels or on
      AIM/other chat programs, does not fix problems, it only makes them worse.

(18) If you choose an alien race, you must roleplay it accordingly. Failing to
      adhere to racial role play styles will result in a warning by an immortal, and
      you will be given one week to adhere to the racial role play of the character
      you are playing. In the event that role play is still inadequate, you will be
      stripped of the race, and any applicable deposit will not be refunded. When in
      doubt, ask for advice.

(19) Please do not ask the Immortals to restore items, levels, stats or credits
      lost in copyovers or crashes. They have no way of knowing if you really lost
      what you claim, so refusing all such restores prevents abuse.

(20) LotJ is a reactive system. Immortals will not halt current roleplay. If
      you feel there is a breach of the rules, make sure you are logging and contact
      the staff when the situation is finished.

(21) Multiclanning is illegal. You may not have two characters in different
      clans.

Remember the golden rule of LotJ: Anything players can do, we can undo.

See Also: Help Rules, Help Rules1

Help file last modified by Walldo on Tue Jan 5 04:09:12 2010

I have a good idea regarding the rules.

That is: Let’s start enforcing them and actually punishing the offending parties. No more idle threats, no more justifications, no more joking around, no more acting like it’s not happening.

Let’s do something about it.

This has been an ongoing issue for some time now, despite the multiple rules-related threads on these forums. Punish people for illegal pkills, punish people for alt interactions, punish people for IC/OOC.

If not, we’re going to end up with another Alassra IRC situation again.

• Oteri Participant
      April 10, 2011 at 2:16 pm #16486

Yeah, punish people for alt interactions and rule 3 violations.

Like people who get perm’d, then proceed to perm all 4 people that killed him/her on his/her alt. Like when it’s proven by RPC that it was a rule violation. Like when Compel is TOTALLY going to hell them but doesn’t.

• DCLXVI Member
      April 10, 2011 at 2:52 pm #16487
      "Andvari":1lzoq987 wrote:

That is: Let’s start enforcing them and actually punishing the offending parties. No more idle threats, no more justifications, no more joking around, no more acting like it’s not happening.

This has been an ongoing issue for some time now, despite the multiple rules-related threads on these forums. Punish people for illegal pkills, punish people for alt interactions, punish people for IC/OOC.

If not, we’re going to end up with another Alassra IRC situation again.[/quote:1lzoq987]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Kirash Participant
      April 11, 2011 at 3:56 am #16805
      "Andvari":b27zdjba wrote:

If not, we’re going to end up with another Alassra IRC situation again.[/quote:b27zdjba]

Find me a staff member who actually gives a shit. Please please do. There were so many people so deserving of punishment just in Era 2 alone.

• rakun Participant
      April 11, 2011 at 12:25 pm #16763

If that is so, I will have to resume my duties as "RPC Hammer of justice", this time fo’ reals.

• Altrez Participant
      April 11, 2011 at 12:29 pm #16764

I agree. Just in my couple days signing on I saw a lot of rule 14 violations even, all over the OOC channel.

• Fishy Participant
      April 11, 2011 at 7:38 pm #16969

Yes, because we all know Rule 14 is the most important thing.

• rakun Participant
      April 11, 2011 at 8:06 pm #16976

It quite is important. Imagine a newbie comes and tries to learn LotJ, when some fuckers go and spam OOC with "u jerkface <censored censored censored censored>!!!!". I know I wouldn’t want to be a part of such MUD.
      Not the most important, but important either way.

• Fishy Participant
      April 12, 2011 at 5:37 am #16986

There’s a language filter. And there’s an agreement you have to agree to about mature content.

And really, are they more likely to quit because of a fight on OOC, or because a character they really enjoyed playing got shit on by a trolling fucktard and nobody gave a shit?

• rakun Participant
      April 12, 2011 at 4:38 pm #16996

I agree and there’s always a way to turn off OOC.

Still, still not a pretty sight to see people argue on it, but OOC and IC loltrolls would kind of be far worse. Especially if they go around picking on newbies. Last era is a good example. And like Andvari said, people breaking other rules hardcore.

• Inactive
      April 13, 2011 at 12:53 am #17006

How about a channel that is off by default and does not show up in channel lists? vent or rant or something..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.