This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 15 years, 11 months ago by gassboy410.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Troll Participant
      January 5, 2008 at 11:11 pm #423

Despite the fact that this particular skill has been suggested a thousand and one times, I suggest it again:

makemicrophone <wearloc> <name>

The skill would go in espionage class. Making a microphone would require the same components and tools that making a comlink does, except for the superconductor (a toolkit, battery, a crystal, and circuit.) It could be a cool and new skill that espionages would be able to train with.

Why is this skill so awesome? Because the current mics that are sold in mob owned shops aren’t really all that good. Everyone and their aunt has peek and the nonwear-able mics are too easily spotted.

• Walldo Keymaster
      January 6, 2008 at 12:55 am #4124

I would rather see a regular ‘makemicrophone’ command and then a higher-level ’embed_mic <object>’ command. Basically it would install the microphone on whatever.

• Flek Participant
      February 18, 2008 at 8:54 am #4881

makecon hold toolkit
      put mic toolkit
      slip tool troll

• Tsol Participant
      February 18, 2008 at 2:04 pm #4884

ok, maybe that works, but how could you get good audio with a mic muffled in a container

• Venengo Member
      February 18, 2008 at 10:15 pm #4888

I’m not certain, but pretty sure I’ve been told somewhere that mics dont work if they are inside containers.

And on top of this great idea, you should also have it so mics pick up emotes and action echoes as well as just voice, though that would be more spy-cameras with audio too (as far as i know monitoring cameras is just using look on that room, not as useful as my idea,this threads idea, or even the current microphone use at no skill. teh fux?)

• Compel Bast Member
      February 19, 2008 at 6:21 pm #4907
      "Venengo":3n1zd1jx wrote:
      I’m not certain, but pretty sure I’ve been told somewhere that mics dont work if they are inside containers.[/quote:3n1zd1jx]

They don’t work if they are inside 2 levels of containers. IE a parcel inside a bag. They do however work inside one level.

• Troll Participant
      February 21, 2008 at 9:21 am #4931

It still would be cooler to be able to conceal a mic in your chesthair and play Bauer :/

• Helbolt Member
      March 9, 2008 at 3:21 am #5161
      "Walldo":16mu46gi wrote:
      I would rather see a regular ‘makemicrophone’ command and then a higher-level ’embed_mic <object>’ command. Basically it would install the microphone on whatever.[/quote:16mu46gi]

This is like a plant command used on another SWR mud I played. It makes spies MUCH MUCH more useful. It also allowed the mud to not have spyapps. How you say?

Most clans had intelligence divisions, spies spied on others as well as having counter intelligence on their own clan. This way, spies were caught and killed alot easier (at least the kind that were active in a clan other than their own).

• gassboy410 Member
      May 25, 2008 at 1:18 pm #6467

I realllly like the idea of a ‘makemicrophone’ skill, but I disagree that it should be a low-level skill to train with.

Rather, I say make it like level 145 or 150 espionage skill.

I do love the idea of making them wearable, though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.