This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 11 months ago by Zakattack.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Ralen Keymaster
      May 26, 2013 at 10:50 am #21959

Hi gang,

We’ve been having some discussion about the force skill ‘mask’ recently – as it stands it’s a simple smaug invisibility spell. As this isn’t really that prevalent in canon, and invisibility in game isn’t as stable/balanced as perhaps it should be, we’ve been talking over amending how it works. tl;dr – How would you propose this skill work?

The options we’ve looked at so far are:
      -either making mask work either only against droid characters
      -making it hide your lifesign on a ship
      -only working on objects

Over to you,
      Ralen.

• Kirash Participant
      May 26, 2013 at 11:16 am #21961

About the only thing that makes sense to me with a skill called “mask” would be a light side version of obscure. Granted, Forcera who can disguise don’t have much use for obscure-type powers, but if not invis, then this is the only thing that makes sense. Invis is only marginally useful anyway. It isn’t nearly that OP even though there is no counter for it. Invis doesn’t hide you nearly as well as Hide does.

tl;dr version: I can really only see Mask being a kind of light side Obscure if changed.

While we are on the subjeect of Force Powers, can we get rid of Detect Intent once amd for all please?

• Ralen Keymaster
      May 26, 2013 at 11:50 am #21963

This is a thread for discussing modifications to mask, and only mask. Please don’t try to hijack. :p

• Kirash Participant
      May 26, 2013 at 1:05 pm #21964

No hijack intended. I gave my opinion on mask 😛

• Zeromus Participant
      May 26, 2013 at 2:44 pm #21966

Mask isn’t really that overpowered. High int negates it on a face to face level and it doesn’t stop people from farsighting you, which is a way more overpowered ability. I’m kind of curious why this is an issue over other far larger issues with forcer balance.

• Ralen Keymaster
      May 26, 2013 at 5:33 pm #21967

The word overpowered didn’t feature at all in my original post – nor is it the only aspect of the Force currently being pondered. It’s more to the point that an invisibility spell isn’t really how the Force works, and how we address that.

• Ocerion Participant
      May 26, 2013 at 5:38 pm #21969

In my personal opinion, Mask should work like a force version of hide, (unmasking upon movement) or perhaps like a forcer version of sneak. THe latter seeming a better option for now because that’s the closest thing to how I’d explain what Obi-wan did on the Death Star, which seems to be the basis for it, and sneak is less rampant.

As for why its an issue Zeromus, because its incredibly stupid I’d imagine.

• Baxtalo Participant
      May 27, 2013 at 10:57 am #21971

Hiding your lifesign on a ship would be a valuable Jedi skill. There are not enough droid characters for the first suggestion to merit any use, and the third is covered by conceal. The second suggestion is interesting and unique and gives the skill a clear purpose and use for Jedi on the run.

• Oteri Participant
      May 27, 2013 at 3:03 pm #21972

There’s references to plenty of EU materials to forcers fucking with security cameras too and not getting spotted by them. Consider that part of the use?

• Zakattack Participant
      May 27, 2013 at 7:55 pm #21973

I think it would be great to have some way to mask your lifesign from ship scans, even if it is only available to forcers.

Also I would like to bring up the ridiculousness of a forcer being able to “Mask” others. If a forcer masking himself is being questioned as canon, I think him masking others should be given a hard look.

EDIT: Formating issues

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.