Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Make Medpacs go poof when they are empty?
This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 11 months ago by Kirash.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Noctum Participant
      May 16, 2017 at 12:59 am #29994

Can we make Medpacs go poof when they are empty? Instead of cluttering the server with thousands of empty medpacs?

• Athrun Participant
      May 16, 2017 at 1:26 am #29995

You know you can throw the medpac at the floor enough to break it, or throw them in the trash and make them delete the items, right?

• Noctum Participant
      May 16, 2017 at 9:19 am #30001

Yes, I do. It just seems like something that is utterly a waste of computing resources and destroying them would would save memory in the game.

• Xavious Participant
      May 16, 2017 at 11:04 am #30008

I doubt they are taking up THAT much memory, particularly with how cheap and available memory is these days. Personally I think items being strewn about in that manner add character to a zone and show evidence of an altercation or activity, even though I admit they can create a great deal of clutter over time.

If this was a change we were going to consider more seriously I would suggest instead to have them be destroyed the first time they are thrown, every time, which would give us the best of both worlds. The evidence that there may be a fight nearby, presumably more relevant evidence since it would be the scraps of a medpac that would vanish over time, but also prevent clutter because of the fact they would be the broken remains that were destined to be purged in a few ticks.

• Kirash Participant
      May 16, 2017 at 11:10 am #30012

Medpacs all over the ground has become so omnipresent that when I pass a stack, I’m like uninterestedly thinking, “Oh someone had a fight” or “Oh someone was in this tomb recently.” Really is kind of an eyesore though. Make them as fragile as holsters so they could break with just kneeling down and placing them on the ground very lightly.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Kirash.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.