Legends of the Jedi Forums Newbie Watering Hole Lotj on a tablet?
This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 2 months ago by iCoreyTimmons.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • ordenrahl Member
      July 19, 2012 at 1:50 pm #19584

Anyone able to get the mud running on a tablet? I’ve downloaded Mukluk but I get an error from Jotj,”java.net.UnknownHosException”

Would be great to play at work : )
      edited for typo. Darn tablets.

• ordenrahl Member
      July 19, 2012 at 2:21 pm #19586

Ok, I was able to connect, but now the screen is full of strange ascii characters, mostly kanji. There is an option for encoding, , is there a standard that lotj uses?

• Walldo Keymaster
      July 19, 2012 at 4:33 pm #19587

I’ve mudded on both ipads and android tablets plenty of times. I’ve never heard of Mukluk but it sounds like an android client; try Blowtorch. That’s generally considered the best android mud client and it should work on tablets too.

Sadly, there’s no good ipad mud client.

• ordenrahl Member
      July 19, 2012 at 6:55 pm #19590

Ok, cool, I’ll check it out. I got Mukluk to work, there was a long list of encription types and one of the windows variants worked. Thanks!

• Kirash Participant
      July 19, 2012 at 8:17 pm #19592

Weird. Mukluk works fine for my Android phone, but Blowtorch caused me nothing but issues.

• Faern Participant
      November 7, 2012 at 6:03 pm #20076

I tried various mud clients on my Droid X2, and they’re all awful on that phone. It’s just not very optimal for that sort of thing I guess. Neither was my iPod touch though. Too slow and limited in screen/buffer/pager size.

• Corey Participant
      March 9, 2013 at 2:53 pm #21258

Anyone have a suggestion for the Kindle Fire HD? Or Walldo, do you still have the APK file for Blowtorch? Since the Kindle Fire goes through Amazon, a lot of the apps from the GooglePlay market aren’t on there and you have to sideload them. However, I can’t find anywhere to get it.

• iCoreyTimmons Member
      March 9, 2013 at 3:33 pm #21259

There actually is a good mud client for iPad, it’s one I use called PocketMud

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.