This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 2 months ago by Kirash.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Flek Participant
      February 15, 2014 at 3:25 pm #23656

So we all know how locate works and we all know how its used sometimes to discover ships and locations. What I am proposing is a change to make it so if a clan has a hidden flag its ships become unlocatable. This will allow for crime clans to have hidden fleets and move about a little easier as well as maintain their hidden basses that can be found with lol locate. (should they have a landing pad) it also keeps the name of their organization secret because lets face it suddenly learning hey this ship is registered to super secret clan is retarded.

• Seryb Participant
      February 15, 2014 at 3:40 pm #23657

I think locateship should be tweaked. I’m tired of people doing locate shiptype to find whats out there. It’s the same meta type shit as using clan numbers in my book. I don’t think locating a type should be allowed, rather the actual name of the ship should be required. With regards to the idea above I like it save for maybe the unlocateable idea. If your ship name is found out it should be able to be found via ping unless in a hidden sector.

• Paco Participant
      February 16, 2014 at 7:58 am #23658

Let’s do it.

• Kirash Participant
      February 16, 2014 at 8:26 am #23659

I agree that locateship needs to not be able to look up by ship type. The Imms were working on a fix, but it doesn’t look like it has panned out. Having certain ships with a no_locate flag…eh I’m on the fence with that one. Aside from the fact that people will find out about it eventually through the usual OOC channels anyway, on one hand, I agree with the whole crime clan thing, but on the other hand, nine times out of ten a crime clan big enough for a base and a fleet will also have a hidden sector (hidden sectors also being something I am generally against save for extenuating circumstances) which makes pinging their ships pointless unless you have gravwells. If they got rid of hidden sectors (unless very special circumstances), then I would be more inclined to go with a no_locate flag.

• sky Participant
      February 19, 2014 at 9:02 pm #23664

I actually completely agree with Kirash, hidden sectors with a no_locate flag. On another note, I also think hidden sector starmaps should be learned specifically to the player, and not the ship, thus allowing less people to be able to ‘luckily’ buy an unowned ship with a starmap already on board, this will allow a little more challenge for the players(example: Medical; Cloning will thus be the ultimate challenge for the Medical class).

• Kirash Participant
      February 19, 2014 at 9:34 pm #23670

I think you mistook what I was saying. I think hidden sectors should be GONE completely. It’s a retarded, archaic concept.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.